Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am learning about homer pigeons, i have still no practical experience of Homer Pigeon
I posting Two images of Pigeon the First Pic of white pigeon
Question:Is this a Homer or not?
And in Second Picture the i have encircle some Pigeon,
Is circled Pigeon are Homer or Not If they are Homer then what do you think about them is they are cross breed of Homer+ Feral because their eye cere are not like the other Homer pigeons, or it is due to they are young
97252001_1_1000x700_pigeons-crivo-tumbler-lahore.jpg
check.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
One way to find out is if there loft flying put them in a basket and take them out a good few miles if they come back they have a homing ability a young homers eye is brownish in color and will change in time the white bird looks like a homer they look in good ni. Where did you get them ask whoever you got them off if they are homers

·
Registered
335 Posts
no bands ? I d say hens and young birds too. those older boys look strong , healthy and you should be happy with those, hope you got them for a good price.

·
Registered
438 Posts
A few years ago I had to move and had to get rid of my pigeons. A guy answered the add I put in the paper " free racing pigeons ". I never raced them, he asked me to take them 100 miles and release them. He said if any came home he would take them - they all came home. He took them all. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
O ooo Nice Story
I think you become very happy when they come back and may be you thinking that why i am giving such a nice birds:confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
If they are Homers and you take them out and release them, they will most likely fly off and not come back at all. (unless you raised them).
And if they do come back and they are old Birds they are poor Homers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts