Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do pigeons go thru a terrible 2 month old period??? It seems mine are misbehaving lately. Getting into everything; trying to eat my bonsai trees. I think theyre toying with me. I have one bird who is pretty tame until he gets around the other bird then he becomes "terrible." It's frustrating b/c I'm trying to train the good one!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
It does seem like it :p Right now everything is new to them, so they will go through a period of being bad little birds, just like puppies, kittens, and just about every other baby animal. And for the tame bird, it's sort of like a kid trying to fit in with a group. It's uncool to be nice to you, so they go off with the others while they're around :p But when they're away, it's okay to love you, LOL. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure of their sex yet but the two definitely get attached to each other. The not so tame bird still squeaks like a baby when he sees my hands. They are both the same age and the tame bird stopped squeaking 2-3 weeks ago. I dont think it helps keep the bird tame when the other one is squeaking and freaking out at the site of my hands. Although the squeaker will perch on my hand and eat but he always gives me a wing slap or two before doing it - like he's saying "okay, Im gonna eat but no funny stuff!"

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Well one wild bird will spoil a bunch of tame ones :( If you sit out in the loft at feeding time and offer them all food from your hands first, you may be able to soon break those wilder ones into being more tame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts