Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my father brought me these pigeons he bought (yett again at another auction) 3 weeks ago he was under the impression that they were young rollers when he seen them in the cage (he buys without looking sometimes) anyway when he got them home he put them in the coop thinking there rollers they will fit in kinda thing anyway he noticed this week when he flew them that then did not roll and when he checked the ticket he had bought thailand laughing pigeons the number matched to the ticket i bought last week here are the photos of the young

what do you think?

·
Registered
107 Posts
LOL. I believe these are th same bird as arabian trumpeters? My grandfather bought a nice group of 12 of arabian trumpeters. They were gorgeous birds! Good luck with them!!!!!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Now THOSE look like Laughers! Especially the white one, since that's what I'm used to, haha. They are very easily mistaken for rollers. Basically the same size and similar looks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you mary for agreeing with me
why then do i hear them coo

or why is it after contacting the seller thoes adults are the parents of thoes young?
even after posting a picture of a laugher the same colour as my birds you still think there not laughers:S even when they coo and it's way different then my mookees

·
Registered
107 Posts
thank you mary for agreeing with me
why then do i hear them coo

or why is it after contacting the seller thoes adults are the parents of thoes young?
even after posting a picture of a laugher the same colour as my birds you still think there not laughers:S even when they coo and it's way different then my mookees
I believe laughers and trumpeters are the same or jsut very very simular. I am not saying they aren't. But these birds have a very simular body shape and structure to that of a roller. thats why they got mixed up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I deleted my previous post because it was early and I really didnt read everything and had no clue what I was saying. Kinda rambling. Sorry

Thailand laughers and Arabian Trumpeters are almost the EXACT same.

Thailand Laugher Standard
http://www.azpigeons.org/thailandlaugher.htm

Arabian Trumpter Standard
http://www.slobberknockerlofts.com/standards/arabian_trumpeters/

Did anyone ever think they may be the SAME breed? Just different names. Orginated in same country, same standard, almost same colors.

Call them what you want.

And I am out. Peace.:cool:

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Well they are both recognized breeds, so I guess there is some difference. Laughers are more or less a strain of trumpeter. Just like in racing pigeons, each strain may still be racing pigeons, but they have general differences.
Plus everything that I've read, has stated Thai Laughers are closely related to Arabian Trumpeters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts