Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so this pigeon (the one below) we thought was a boy, because he was aggressive and he acted like a boy. whenever he saw another male, he would act like how male pigeons acted like.

this is the pigeon we thought was a boy : CHRISTIAN is his name

okay so , today, we saw him mating with his or her dad. i don't know why.

These two are the one up there's parents. and we saw the white one, dad, mating with the one up there which we thought was a boy.(the brown one is the one up there's mom)

but he would act just like a boy. pout and flare out his tail. and everything.

What could be happening?

And when they mated he or she let him too??

HELP

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Sounds like he is a she with no regard for her roots.:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like he is a she with no regard for her roots.:rolleyes::D
this is so weird, cause i'm so use to it as a he. now i'll have to get HER a husband soon.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Probably be a good idea.
The baby is very beautiful.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I have seen that type of behavior with a father and daughter. It can happen when the dad takes over the feeding duty as the babies mature, and mom is on another nest. Once the youngsters are completely weaned and eating on their own, it's best to put them together with other youngsters their age.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Showing you how it's done ....

My male rescued-as-a-baby and hand-raised pigeon Wieteke persuaded a feral female Mamieke to nest in our apartment on a wardrobe.

The first, sole egg was infertile.

The first and second babies, in a second nest site on another wardrobe, died at a couple of days age.

The third and fourth babies, raised to adulthood, Number Three and the smaller Droplet, were in a nest at the original nesting site.

Mamieke was fooling around with a dominant feral male who had a nest directly across the street.

Wieteke developed coccidiosis, then PMV, and ignored Number Three and Droplet for a week or so. When he was healthier, he started feeding. He had to vigorously persuade Mamieke to feed the babies.

He started another nest, and Mamieke reluctantly fed Number Three and Droplet.

Wieteke (on top) mated with Number Three. Number Three acted competitive with, and dismissive of, its mother Mamieke.

Number Three (on top) mated with Droplet.
Number Three was very protective of Droplet, who was slower to develop and fly. Droplet even wanted to be fed by Number Three.

It was not possible to confuse who was who, or who was doing what with whom.

When Mamieke laid the next two eggs (chicks five and six), Wieteke chased Number Three and Droplet from the apartment, but eventually accepted them coming in to feed. Eventually all of them had to live outdoors.

Larry

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My male rescued-as-a-baby and hand-raised pigeon Wieteke persuaded a feral female Mamieke to nest in our apartment on a wardrobe.

The first, sole egg was infertile.

The first and second babies, in a second nest site on another wardrobe, died at a couple of days age.

The third and fourth babies, raised to adulthood, Number Three and the smaller Droplet, were in a nest at the original nesting site.

Mamieke was fooling around with a dominant feral male who had a nest directly across the street.

Wieteke developed coccidiosis, then PMV, and ignored Number Three and Droplet for a week or so. When he was healthier, he started feeding. He had to vigorously persuade Mamieke to feed the babies.

He started another nest, and Mamieke reluctantly fed Number Three and Droplet.

Wieteke (on top) mated with Number Three. Number Three acted competitive with, and dismissive of, its mother Mamieke.

Number Three (on top) mated with Droplet.
Number Three was very protective of Droplet, who was slower to develop and fly. Droplet even wanted to be fed by Number Three.

It was not possible to confuse who was who, or who was doing what with whom.

When Mamieke laid the next two eggs (chicks five and six), Wieteke chased Number Three and Droplet from the apartment, but eventually accepted them coming in to feed. Eventually all of them had to live outdoors.

Larry
wow, very interesting. very very interesting!

·
Registered
3 Posts
okay, so this pigeon (the one below) we thought was a boy, because he was aggressive and he acted like a boy. whenever he saw another male, he would act like how male pigeons acted like.

this is the pigeon we thought was a boy : CHRISTIAN is his name

okay so , today, we saw him mating with his or her dad. i don't know why.

These two are the one up there's parents. and we saw the white one, dad, mating with the one up there which we thought was a boy.(the brown one is the one up there's mom)

but he would act just like a boy. pout and flare out his tail. and everything.

What could be happening?

And when they mated he or she let him too??

HELP
with it’s dad that can’t be you lying

1 - 13 of 13 Posts