Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Now all we need is his race sheets to see if his video is worth the click.
Or what would be the ultimate test would be have the eyesign expert pick the winners from the club at shipping.
That I think would prove eyesign if the can pick the winners from baskets before they ship, just one race.
I bet it has never been done.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Or what would be the ultimate test would be have the eyesign expert pick the winners from the club at shipping.
That I think would prove eyesign if the can pick the winners from baskets before they ship, just one race.
I bet it has never been done.
Eye sign "experts" should have lofts full of winning birds shouldn't they? Strangely none do. I guess those that can win do. Those who can't become experts.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I do beleive in eye-sign.....But I am a bigger beleiver in form on SHIPPING DAY.....An example of what I mean.....YB season last year....I was training with a buddy,who does not fly with my combine,but flys in a AU club here....I noticed a BCWFC dominearing 1/2 of the crate he was in....He did not want any body near him..He would go out of his way to fight with any bird who even LOOKED at him....I told my friend that he would win this weeks race...AND HE DID.....I don`t know his eye-sign,but I know what form is !!!!........Alamo

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I have allways thought eye sign was a bunch of bull. A fellow pigeon raiser brought his loop to a young bird auction they were selling the one loft race birds. we looked at all the birds. He showed me how the eye should " wiggle " the 1 st place bird's eye had a lot of movement and it got less and less by the time we got to the last place bird there was no movement. So this year I'm going to take notes on the eye of all my young birds and see just witch birds I have left.
Dave

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have allways thought eye sign was a bunch of bull. A fellow pigeon raiser brought his loop to a young bird auction they were selling the one loft race birds. we looked at all the birds. He showed me how the eye should " wiggle " the 1 st place bird's eye had a lot of movement and it got less and less by the time we got to the last place bird there was no movement. So this year I'm going to take notes on the eye of all my young birds and see just witch birds I have left.
Dave
That sounds a lot like the late Brad LaVerne's HLREO theory, I have his book on the theory and it does make a lot of sense from simply reading it. I have yet to test it for myself though.

I am also in agreement with what Alamo said about form and would take it one step farther. A bird could have great eyesign and all the properties of a champion, but if his fancier can't handle a pigeon to save his life then he is doing good just to make it home. Its a better test I would say to have the expert go to the top loft and see if he can pick out the top birds if you really want to test him. Or maybe let him pick some birds out and take them and breed them for his team, and see how he does the next youngbird season. Then again he may just be an expert and not be able to handle a pigeon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts