Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i have been working on this loft since memorial weekend, and its finally almost finished. I just have a few minor touch ups left but the birds are loving it. Let me know what you all think. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
It looks nice. I have always recommended some vents on bottom front though for cooling. It is just me. On a very hot weather it helps a lot. And it helps dry the loft floor, too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Awsome loft! I see you have a couple of different breeds in there........they look nice together. I see an archangle, an egyptian swift, and mabye an ice pigeon or two. again, nice loft and beautiful birds!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. It was kinda a pain to build by myself but in all I love it. The birds have lots of room to fly around. The grey thing on the wall is actually for water. But I had to put one on the floor as well considering one of my pair of lahore have their wings clipped.

Hey there Kevin. How did those kit box plans work out for you?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey,

I haven't had the time to actually build it yet, and I'm still waiting for permission and stuff. But I've read it over and over and it's really well instructed. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
That is a VERY nice looking loft. You did a great job. I hear ya about building it alone. My husband and I built both of ours. It was quite a job. I never want to do it again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
385 Posts
That is a VERY nice looking loft. You did a great job. I hear ya about building it alone. My husband and I built both of ours. It was quite a job. I never want to do it again. :rolleyes:
I would. I love constructing and building stuff. Specially when it's for the pigeons.;)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Great job on the loft! Your birds look very happy in their new home.

You might want to put vents at the bottom of the loft to get a good healthy flow of air running through the loft. Not a draft! but a consistent airflow. The bottom vents will allow fresh air to come through and spread upwards throughout the loft and out the top. Good clean air/oxygen is one of the keys to a healthy loft.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im going to be installing the vents this weekend :D

·
Registered
896 Posts
That is a VERY nice looking loft. :) You did a great job. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nest Boxes are all finished. I have 30 nest boxes all together in the breeder section. Now I get to start working on all the perches for the young bIrd section.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts