Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just finished making the first of many Pigeon Message Capsules. I will be offering them for sale at $12 each or 10 for $100 and I will pay the shipping. They have the same type leg harness as the army issued WWII message capsules and about the same size at half the price.

If you would like to see pics of them next to the WWII capsule and on a homing pigeon you can check them out in a thread "The New Pigeon Message Capsules" in the Homing & Racing Pigeon section here on Pigeon Talk.

I would have posted more pics here but I used up all of my available space posting them on the other thread for my racing friends to see.

I see they have to approve this pic. The pics on the Homing & Racing Pigeon thread are up for you to see.

Ace

View attachment 15372

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just giving this thread a little bump!

Can't believe I have had no responce from this thread. They are selling for $12 each, 5 for $55 and 10 for $100. I will cover the shipping.

Ace/Mark

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just giving this thread a little bump!

Can't believe I have had no responce from this thread. They are selling for $12 each, 5 for $55 and 10 for $100. I will cover the shipping.

Ace/Mark
I had no idea when I started making these there would be so much interest in them. Thank you to those of you who have purchased my capsules.

You will be seeing them in some of the pigeon supply catalogs for 2011. If anyone here would like to buy them in bulk PM me and I will get you a complete price list.

Thanks, Ace/Mark

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just bumping this thread. I have hundreds of them made and ready to ship.

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I might be interested in these capsules.... ok are these for like sending messages?? if it is I might buy some

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi I might be interested in these capsules.... ok are these for like sending messages?? if it is I might buy some
Hi britt,

Yes, that is what they are used for. If you buy them from me here I will pay the shipping.

Ace

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes I'm still thinking about it, i'll get back to you in about a week about that. Is that fine?? And plus are you sure your going to have to ship them to Montana.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes I'm still thinking about it, i'll get back to you in about a week about that. Is that fine?? And plus are you sure your going to have to ship them to Montana.
Just let me know.

I ship them free to anyone in the US. I know I can ship one to Israel for $1.00 and two of them to Belgium for $3.00.

I am trying to get the contact information for all of the pigeon supply companies around the world. If anyone reading this is from another country and can post the information for the supply companys in their country and that compny purchases from me I will send them two of these capsules free of charge including shipping.

Thanks, Mark

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
If you take birds to a school to show the kids--let 3-4 put notes in the capsules--turn the bird free--bring the note back in a few days.
I let them slip it under the Band/Ring
Before "cell" phones the wife would put the release time on the note - when she tossed them.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do you have examples on how folks might want to use them?:)
Yes, schools are a good one. I have also done this with the sunday school classes at my church.

I use to live between two towns were the schools were both less than 5 miles from my home. I took both adults and babies to the schools with me and the first thing I did after being introduced was explain what a homing pigeon did and show them the capsules. I would have the class wright out messages and place them into the capsules. We would then go outside and release about ten or fifteen birds. Two of the birds had notes from the class and I did not know what they said. After the birds went out of sight we would go back in the class room. I would pull out the babies and talk about the breeding, raising and training of homing pigeons. I would always have someone at the loft and before I was finished my phone would ring and I would tell the class what they had wrote on their messages they sent.

There were several times I received calls from the parents of one of the students interested in getting their child a few pigeons to raise.

It really does work.

Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
do you have examples on how folks might want to use them?:)
Also, If you have children who do not live with you or grandchildren. You can set them up with a small holding pen or loft so they can take a few birds home with them and send you messages. If you set it up nice enough that they can keep a few birds of their own you can send them messages as well.

Even us old bird lovers can send each other messages back and forth.

Here's a little story from back in the day. My cusin Arther and I only lived about two miles apart and both raised pigeons. We would trade birds back and forth all of the time. Well, we ended up with a tumbler who had a hen in both lofts. I still remember seeing him comming from Arther's direction doing flips all the way. One day I strapped the army issued message capsule I had on his leg and put him back into the open loft ( both of us had open lofts at the time ). Arther got the message later that day and replaced it with a message of his own. We did this back and forth for close to three months until the bird ( probably hawk hit ) disapeared.

If you have a flyer near you I am sure a bird could be trained to do this. If the bird was settled to both lofts you could probably release it and flag it so it would go to the other loft. "Or" if one loft fed in the morning and the other in the evening the bird would go to the loft that was feeding at the time it was released.

Ace

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just posted on your other thread----- I would like to purchase one capsule... For only 12$ Yes please... the only thing is i am in canada... how do i pay you?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just posted on your other thread----- I would like to purchase one capsule... For only 12$ Yes please... the only thing is i am in canada... how do i pay you?
You can pay for them by personal paypal or by sending a check or money order to me. I will PM you with my information.

Ace

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
For weddings have the bride and groom each write a small note to release with the two birds, (slip notes in pocket and blank paper on bird). Then give them a frame with the notes, two white feathers, and the poem read at the release. Nice extra touch.

Tony

1 - 20 of 25 Posts