Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

The new pigeon message capsules are here!

It took me a little longer than planed but I finished the first ones today. I had to make a mold to form the leg harness part of the capsule and the small snaps I needed could not be found here in the US.

Let me know what you think,

Ace

View attachment 15366

View attachment 15367

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Very nice. The Mexican heroin dealers are going to love them. Easy way to get drugs across the border.

Ha Ha. Just kidding. Good looking items.

Did you give consideration to attaching cotton on the inside to the part that wraps around the birds leg? That was done by the military.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey very nice ace. have you try any yet? are you selling them? let me know..

Yes, I have tried them on my birds (perfect fit). The mold for the leg harness was made to the exact size as the WWII message capsules.

Yes, I am making them to sell. They will be listed on ebay and others for $12 each plus shipping. If anyone here on PT would like one (or more) I will cover the shipping. If you want to get extras for other flyers in your area I will sell 10 capsules for $100.

Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice. The Mexican heroin dealers are going to love them. Easy way to get drugs across the border.

Ha Ha. Just kidding. Good looking items.

Did you give consideration to attaching cotton on the inside to the part that wraps around the birds leg? That was done by the military.
I am working on a larger capsule that straps to their back so they can move more product. :eek::D;)

I have owned several of the WWII capsules and none of them were cotton lined. These will fit just as those do. If after purchasing them someone wants to cotton line their capsules they can.

Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A BIG THANKS TO Jimhalekw

I would like to thank Jimhalekw for trusting me enough to lone me his WWII pigeon message capsule. I had the idea to build these capsules right after I sold my last WWII capsule. Jim was kind enough to loan me his capsule so I could make a leg harness mold to the exact size of the WWII capsules.

As promised Jim I will be sending your capsule back to you with two of the new capsules.

Again A BIG Thank You JIM,

Ace

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ace,

What a great job, this may open up different avenues in the pigeon sport. Would you consider taking a photo of the message capsules next to a dime or quarter so we can better reference their size.

Thanks Ace and once again great job.

Walter <><

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Ace,

What a great job, this may open up different avenues in the pigeon sport. Would you consider taking a photo of the message capsules next to a dime or quarter so we can better reference their size.

Thanks Ace and once again great job.

Walter <><
Better yet...picture of pij MODELING your capsule(s)...:D

WELL DONE, ACE!!

Love and Hugs
Shi and the gang

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Very interesting to and since other pigeon folk are putting in small reguests I would like to see a picture of a pigeon wearing one and take your time and I ask one question as well---this is just a inquirey and might appear to be a stupid question and I posted it in my other post asking a question to racing people: Is there anyway when you do your "back pack" so to speak, if one could safely put a leash on it in order to train pigeons outside of their loft to train them for racing so one would not have to worry about hawk getting their birds. Not on the leg ones for this is dangerous for the birds but attach something else where on the bird---imagination taking hold here ---this gets even more "off the wall"--maybe with a metal rod sticking up holding the leash up high so that the birds wings would not be hurt but the bird could fly ---I know this is crazy but I just thought I would ask for your opinion since you are into this message capsule idea that comes from the war times...c,hert

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very interesting to and since other pigeon folk are putting in small reguests I would like to see a picture of a pigeon wearing one and take your time and I ask one question as well---this is just a inquirey and might appear to be a stupid question and I posted it in my other post asking a question to racing people: Is there anyway when you do your "back pack" so to speak, if one could safely put a leash on it in order to train pigeons outside of their loft to train them for racing so one would not have to worry about hawk getting their birds. Not on the leg ones for this is dangerous for the birds but attach something else where on the bird---imagination taking hold here ---this gets even more "off the wall"--maybe with a metal rod sticking up holding the leash up high so that the birds wings would not be hurt but the bird could fly ---I know this is crazy but I just thought I would ask for your opinion since you are into this message capsule idea that comes from the war times...c,hert
I agree, it would be a crazy idea to try and put a leash on your homing pigeons. I would not try it. It would be to dangerous for the birds to try and fly with a leash on and it would just make it that much easyer for the hawks to catch them.

Ace

·
Registered
253 Posts
I agree, it would be a crazy idea to try and put a leash on your homing pigeons. I would not try it. It would be to dangerous for the birds to try and fly with a leash on and it would just make it that much easyer for the hawks to catch them.

Ace
There is only one fool proof safe way to keep your birds from being sought out by the hawk and that don't let them out, don't fly them.

I think anyone who flys has a hawk story or will.:eek:

Walter <><

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Yea thats what I was afraid of but I wanted to check out the possibilities of this crazy idea anyway in case someone knew something new that other people might have tried and one never knows. I don't think that I have the temperment to race birds the tried out way and would really feel bad if a hawk got my bird and I know you all feel bad as well but maybe I am just too sensitive for that sport and thats one of the reasons that I have a closed loft and I truely enjoy that....thats for the imput....c.hert

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
That is neat--thank you so much--and yes if you write small you could get a pretty good message in them--maybe if you have a summer house or something you could send a message to your main home to the people there as you take your vacation somewhere else and the grand children would love it....thanks c.hert

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
They look just great and I wonder why that army one (yellow one) had those ridges on them and yours looks much smoothier....c.hert

1 - 20 of 56 Posts