Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

The new pigeon message capsules are here!

It took me a little longer than planed but I finished the first ones today. I had to make a mold to form the leg harness part of the capsule and the small snaps I needed could not be found here in the US.

Let me know what you think,

Ace

View attachment 15366

View attachment 15367

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey very nice ace. have you try any yet? are you selling them? let me know..

Yes, I have tried them on my birds (perfect fit). The mold for the leg harness was made to the exact size as the WWII message capsules.

Yes, I am making them to sell. They will be listed on ebay and others for $12 each plus shipping. If anyone here on PT would like one (or more) I will cover the shipping. If you want to get extras for other flyers in your area I will sell 10 capsules for $100.

Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice. The Mexican heroin dealers are going to love them. Easy way to get drugs across the border.

Ha Ha. Just kidding. Good looking items.

Did you give consideration to attaching cotton on the inside to the part that wraps around the birds leg? That was done by the military.
I am working on a larger capsule that straps to their back so they can move more product. :eek::D;)

I have owned several of the WWII capsules and none of them were cotton lined. These will fit just as those do. If after purchasing them someone wants to cotton line their capsules they can.

Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A BIG THANKS TO Jimhalekw

I would like to thank Jimhalekw for trusting me enough to lone me his WWII pigeon message capsule. I had the idea to build these capsules right after I sold my last WWII capsule. Jim was kind enough to loan me his capsule so I could make a leg harness mold to the exact size of the WWII capsules.

As promised Jim I will be sending your capsule back to you with two of the new capsules.

Again A BIG Thank You JIM,

Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very interesting to and since other pigeon folk are putting in small reguests I would like to see a picture of a pigeon wearing one and take your time and I ask one question as well---this is just a inquirey and might appear to be a stupid question and I posted it in my other post asking a question to racing people: Is there anyway when you do your "back pack" so to speak, if one could safely put a leash on it in order to train pigeons outside of their loft to train them for racing so one would not have to worry about hawk getting their birds. Not on the leg ones for this is dangerous for the birds but attach something else where on the bird---imagination taking hold here ---this gets even more "off the wall"--maybe with a metal rod sticking up holding the leash up high so that the birds wings would not be hurt but the bird could fly ---I know this is crazy but I just thought I would ask for your opinion since you are into this message capsule idea that comes from the war times...c,hert
I agree, it would be a crazy idea to try and put a leash on your homing pigeons. I would not try it. It would be to dangerous for the birds to try and fly with a leash on and it would just make it that much easyer for the hawks to catch them.

Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Okay, here comes the village idiot with a question...:eek: I have been so curious as to how the message concept works and now that I see this post... I'm asking. I understand how to train to return to loft, but how do you get the bird to go "to" a specific place?:confused:

The pigeons are only expected to fly back to their own loft. I have taken birds to schools and had the class wright the note. Take the class outside and released the bird. Someone at home would call me and I would then tell the class what they wrote. Messages can be sent from anyone you know up to 500/600 miles or more.

There is a white water rafting place that uses homing pigeons. They take pictures for you on your rafting adventure and when you reach the end of your trip the camera memery card is sent back by homing pigeon. When the rafters return to the lodge the pictures of there trip are ready for them.

Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
During WWII birds were shipped to France from England in the dark of night and used to fly messages back to England.

Ace, my wife is a teacher and uses my homers to teach WWII. I need a couple so please PM me your address to mail the check.

Tony
We need to introduce kids to our sport every chance we get. Without them our sport will soon die out.

PM sent

Thanks, Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I have had several people interested in purchasing 5 capsule so i thought i would just post on here the price i have been giving them.

The capsules are $12 each, 5 capsules for $55 or 10 capsules for $100 and i will pay the shipping.

Thanks to all of you that have been giving me all of the good feedback and interest in these capsules.

Ace/Mark

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hi all,

Wanted to to say thank you to those of you who have purchased these capsules.

Also wanted to let you know you will be seeing them in some of your favorite supply catalogs soon.

I am very happy with the interest I have recieved from almost everyone I have spoken with about them.

If anyone is interested in buying them in bulk contact me and I will get you a complete price list.

Thanks, Ace/Mark

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Just wanted to give this thread a little bump.

I have hundreds of them made and ready to ship.

Ace/Mark

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Even though you are in canada I will not charge anything for the shipping to a 13 year old. Just make sure it is ok with you parents. Have your parents send $12.00 US by personal paypal or send check or money order to the email address or mailing address I have sent to you in a Private Message.

Thanks, Ace

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I loved mine! Thanks! if ever anybody wants to spend there money on something good... HERE IS THE THING TO BUY!!!!!
Thanks for the great feedback. I am glad you like them.

Mark/Ace

1 - 15 of 16 Posts