Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was pleasantly suprised to read that they did something about this situation because I'm pretty sure they're policies on magpies will be very similar to their policies on pigeons.
I'm utterly discusted in the conditions those birds were kept in- even worse, the man was local, such cruelty, so close to home :(

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Becca, that does make a pleasant change to read. I have raised two Magpies recently, and friends of mine told me to let them die, one of them being a very religious lady who openly tells me she hates Magpies and Wood Pigeons. We have had some heated 'discussions' on this subject!
I have an adult with three very noisey juveniles currently raising havoc in my garden, but to knowingly kill any bird or animal is inhuman, and I just can't see how anyone can justify this action.

I'n glad the man in question here did get publicly prosecuted, this may deter others from doing the same.

Janet

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
What a disgrace to human kind he is.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
What a horrible, horrible man! His comment " You don't look after rats in a trap, do you?" shows exactly what sort of low life he is. Of course you look after any animal in a trap, it is our responsibility if we have set the trap. Even if you don't want rats on your land or premises they are intelligent creatures and just as capable of suffering as any human being...as are all other so-called pests.

I, too, am glad to hear that the RSPCA prosecuted for once, the Hillside Sanctuary is constantly trying to get them to prosecute cases of cruelty to farm animals and they are very reluctant to do anything. But I have a sneaky suspicion that this particular prosecution was because there are projects involving trapping hawks in Larsen traps for relocation, so there is a possibility of accidentally trapping a hawk.

Cynthia

·
Registered
228 Posts
I wish the RSPCA showed an equal amount of compassion for all animals it deals with. Ive called them and heard about them on numerous occasions but they've never seemed to do anything really productive.
My friend once found a family of squirrels in her chimney breast. The babies were too yound to fend for themselves and the parents were no where to be seen. Sadly, she was told by the RSPCA to leave them and board it up. She got in touch with me and didnt follow their advice and I believe she managed to clear the way in so the parents could return.
When Ive talked to the RSPCA call centres they seemed to be just reading from a book-and didnt have a clue what to suggest. They havnt turned up when Ive been with dying animals. The cats protection league had nothing good to say about them. Ive only met an inspector twice, once at a conference and once when they were checking up on us at a farm(one of the ewes had a prolapse)-even though they'd done the same thing the previous year only to find us half way through helping the ewe.
I just think its sad how mush money they must spend on advertising when there are so many smaller struggling centres who are saving every animal they deal with but no one knows about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts