Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Sounds like things have been busy! So many doves coming in! I feel so sorry for poor Pheonix. All that plucking had to be painful. But now he can recover and be happy :) I'm also glad to see Peppermint looking happy. He's looking quite spiffy in those 'pants'! :p

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Very cute picture of the PG Wear. I'm very sorry that you're so burnt out. I remember that feeling when I had to stop taking in from SFACC and they were euthanizing them before another group stepped up (before Mickaboo). It was terrible but I had no room and there was no one else. If I could take some right now I would somehow. I have the application here I just need stamps. It's never something I think of when I'm out, since I can't remember the last time I sent "real" mail. :rolleyes: Thank goodness for the Marin HS and their "barn" loft. That is a real step up for a shelter to provide and much needed (and appreciated). I hope somehow things smooth out or more adopters are found.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baby pigeon Sophie *slightly* better

Baby pigeon Sophie is feeling *slightly* better this evening and her update is here.

Thank you for the continued support and encouragement.

And I have to keep asking for donations but don't feel badly if you're not able to give right now. No one of us can save them all and we each do what we can when we can for as long as we can. Right?

Good night.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Elizabeth, you are doing the best you can, and God Bless you for that. Don't feel bad about asking for donations . . . just keep asking. Times are still tuff but even a few bucks are better than none. I have to donate to a Breast Cancer walk we do in October (in honor of my sister) but next in line is Mickacoo. ;)

Give them babies a cuddle for me.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I really hope Sophie perks up....

Please don't feel bad for asking for...even when money is involved. If Sophie had a job, I'm sure she'd cover it ;).

I don't know about everyone else, but I know there are times when I need to be reminded to donate....which is what this post helped due.

Every bit adds up and counts.....

-Hilly

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks & Sophie

Hello-

Thank you for the kind words and constant support. It is much appreciated.

Sophie and I spent all day yesterday at UC Davis Small Animal Clinic (a veterinary university with excellent equipment and expertise). She's really wore out from the experience and was feeling/looking better before I took her than she is today.

I'm posting at least daily updates to her page here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.