1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
Are you sure the check is a hen? How does starving them entice them to pair, Usually a bird that is well fed is more likely to breed than one that is hungry

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read that when a pigeon is too aggressive.. you must starve so it will not fight with other pigeon.. yes im sure its a hen.. it looks like a hen right?

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
It looks like a hen yeah but sometimes looks can be deceving, It is quite agressive to you but that does not mean it's not a hen. Has it ever laid an egg or paired with a different cock?

I'm not sure if what you read is the best advice when you are trying to breed pigeons. I certainly prefer to keep the pigeons healthy and fulll of food to encourage breeding.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the one who sold me the check told me that it is a hen. he even shown me an egg. but the egg is too small, probably immature. he told me that it has even a pair. but i dont like its pair so i decided to buy another cock to be its pair. but until now they are not pairing. im already desperate and want to cull them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You starve them then put one small bowl of food in and then expect them to not fight??? Even a Mated pair will fight for food if it is starved.. Crazy!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You starve them then put one small bowl of food in and then expect them to not fight??? Even a Mated pair will fight for food if it is starved.. Crazy!!
the idea of starving them is.. if the pigeons are starve, all they want to do is eat.. they will not mine other pigeons. they will just focus eating until fully satisfied. can you fight if you are weak and starve? of course not, you will eat first. this technique always works for me until now, thats why im asking for help already because this doesn't happen usually.. and for the mated pair, i dont see mated pairs fighting for food, sure they will be in a hurry but never fight, are you sure they are even pair?lol i think i have really 2 cocks, ive already talk to one of my friend and ask him to lend me a hen. ill post the update here. thanks

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
They are probably 2 cocks. Regardless, leaving them together like that if all they do is fight is wrong. Even if they are hen and cock, if they don't want to pair up, then find them other mates. Starving them is wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
If the hen was paired And you just broke it up To repair it That will take time. Seperate them NOW let the hen rest for say 1 month. Then try agian. Not feeding them makes them starve It does not help them.. Things take time. Do not be in a hurry. I have had hens before that would not take a mate for months. So pull this hen and give her time away from any cock bird

·
Registered
864 Posts
starving birds is inhimane and cruel..
some people just shouldnt keep pigeons..ugh

·
Registered
53 Posts
IMO, you cannot just take the hen away from her original mate and try to re-pair her up. Some hen can be very aggressive and act like a cock. Starving them will do them no good. When they are starve, they will not think about mating, their focus will be on finding food to survive. Even if they are pre-mated, they wouldn't mate if there are not enough food available.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
These birds are not inanimate things you know. If already mated to another bird, why would you assume that she would want to mate up with a new cock?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
the idea of starving them is.. if the pigeons are starve, all they want to do is eat.. they will not mine other pigeons. they will just focus eating until fully satisfied. can you fight if you are weak and starve? of course not, you will eat first. this technique always works for me until now, thats why im asking for help already because this doesn't happen usually.. and for the mated pair, i dont see mated pairs fighting for food, sure they will be in a hurry but never fight, are you sure they are even pair?lol i think i have really 2 cocks, ive already talk to one of my friend and ask him to lend me a hen. ill post the update here. thanks
I know other members have responded but I just cannot hold myself back...I don't know where you got this idea...but, it's really an odd idea and untrue,likely concocted by someone that doesn't have a clue about pigeon behavior. Don't listen to that person anymore or if it's a site you are reading...don't read it anymore.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
And they will continue to fight over the food, the more one eats, the longer it can last without (within reason).
Its surprising what stamina nessesity creates.

Heres an idea to try out -
Starve your partner, they'll soon tell you where to go when you want sex :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts