Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had two of my homing pigeons mate and lay eggs, one of them hatched. The one that hatched has feathers sticking up on the back of his head like a fancy pigeon! Take a look:

Isn't that weird?

·
Registered
875 Posts
hes lovely!never seen a pure black pigeon before!it could be just tufts of feather displaced by wetness or scratching etc but it certainly looks good,what colour were his parents btw?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tuxedobaby, He is black at the top than he turns to dark brown underneath, I will get some pics of the parents and post them.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, I did not post the pics yet. I hope to post them Sunday.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
If your baby bird turns out to be crested,one of the parents is probably mixed with a different pigeon.
Hi TELSTAR,Back (mid 1850)when the racing pigeon was being developed there was a bird that was used that in fact was a crested owl so the genes for a peak crest and a frill are in our race bird of today. while we don't see them much today every so often one will pop up.I realy don't think the bird pictured here has a crest it looks to me to be some feathers that may have mess up by older birds picking on this bird. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is are pics of the mom and dad. I will post more pics of the young bird tommorow.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
george simon, I really do not think that the older birds are picking on it. I pushed the feathers down and they popped right back up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.