Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is only for those against a chat site on Pigeon Talk.Please only post here if you are against a chat site,if you are for chat vote on that thread. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Don't see why it's necessary. People who want to talk to someone can always instant message them. Many wouldn't use it, and I'm wondering if things that might help others on PT might be discussed there, rather than by people posting them on PT, where others can learn. Also, if that happened, then those people wouldn't be benefiting from having many people joining in with ideas and info. PT works as it is.
Vote no.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I feel that chat will create cliques and cause more bad blood between users. I've seen too many nasty arguments turn personal on here. Yahoo and other sites got rid of their chatrooms for a reason. Too many bullies!! As a response to those who want a chatroom for emergency feedback....No person should rely on a website for 24 hour emergency help. A veterinarian should be called. I vote no.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
I vote no, the internet is loaded with chatrooms. It would just be a nuisance to the moderators.
In fact, this moderator team would not do the moderating :)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I am not against it, or for it. I just don't see me participating in it at all. Kind of redundant. I already chat with others, in threads that have a specific or general subject. No need for a "free for all". One person talking about Tipplers and another talking about white dove releases, evolution or Muffed Tumblers.

Naw. Knock yourselves out. But not for me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Chatrooms are really unwieldy and hard to follow. Eventually they fall apart and remain unused and empty. There are thousands of empty chatrooms all over the net for this very reason. I have no issues with them other than believing they are a waste of time. I would much rather type a question in the morning and come back when convenient to check for replys.

·
Registered
480 Posts
well all this dislike on the chat room idea just tell me pigeon keeper and beekeeper are a diff breed apart, like i said beekeeper forum call their chat room the hive and never had a problem, i guess you guys don't have confidence for each other or some of you have bad blood already on some members on this forum, well i thought it be a real good idea but i guess not for your guys, i will not speak of it no more , because someone might have some bad blood on me already because they want things the way they are and don't want change,its ok i have the guys in beesource to chat and we do have a good time, the end

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Not everyone wants or likes the same things. The people that do want it can still start one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I gave a couple of valid reasons. Must be it was over-looked. Also, I thought this thread was only for those against the chatroom...which leads me to point out another reason for no chat. Those wanting it, cannot follow simple guidelines and will break any rule to voice their opinion. I agree that if those who don't want it should just not go in a chatroom if one is created. I will be one of them. However, maybe....just maybe the people against chat care enough for Pigeon Talk that they don't want to chance changing it for the worse. Kinda that "if it isn't broke, don't fix it". It's bad enough that people "live" online to avoid the real world on other sites. I can see a few neglecting their feathered friends because they might risk in missing out on some gossip. And that's all chatrooms are..........gossip and drama. Chatrooms have been known to kill a decent site.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
I deleted my previous message as I made an honest mistake and posted on this thread thinking it was the " why does PT not have a chatroom " discussion thread. The previous posts do elude to that and I got mixed up. Sorry, I can see how my posting here was seen as hypocritical but it was a mistake. Hehe My bad

1 - 19 of 19 Posts