Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Just come back from Brandon Hill, Bristol where I was cooing over the pigeon families. All great condition, no foot injuries. BUT one of them had some loose thread around its foot, it looked like wool. It wasn't tight and wasn't causing a problem but I think if it tightened it would. He's a gorgeous boy, very pretty colour and very healthy. I found some food on the floor to try and entice him over but he wasn't having any of it. There weren't many pigeons around so he could see what I was trying to do.

Im actually heading back to kent for the weekend but will go back on monday and see if i can see him. Thankfully its fairly secluded so hopefully there won't be anyone to see I'm feeding, think its a £800 fine???? It may be legal to feed in the park, not sure.

Any tips on catching a healthy pigeon so I can cut the thread off???

Thank you!!
XxX

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Trick with the box, stick and rope usually works, but it is a bit tricky on public place. I would address some policemen in the park before I attempt anything, just to avoid fine from him (you are helping pigeon, not feeding them) and get protection if another pigeon lover sees you catching pigeons. :)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Sure, if you are a Vet student and you see any authorities, just tell them you are doing a rescue....good luck

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Good luck, Charlotte! It is so rewarding to remove string before any damage has been done.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been up to Brandon Hill twice and haven't seen him about, have seen a pigeon who looks similar, he's possibly removed it by himself, if was fairly loose.
I'm going up there when I finish early. Will keep checking. Permanently have a pigeon foot kit in my bag now so always ready!
Saw a beautiful black young pigeon today. All the birds I've seen this last week look really good. XxX

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Thanks for update. Indeed if it was loose, she might well have beaked it off herself...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts