Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw his site that advertised a gold band and auction race and was looking for feedback, I would be considering sending birds there (pending feedback from people) of course, in 2010 but wanted to get some feedback from people who has sent birds there before. How is he as a handler?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Hi born2fly,

I myself have had problems with him. I posted it on here then and recieved several PMs from other members of Pigeon Talk telling me of their bad dealings with him. I myself would not trust him with a wooden egg!

Ace

·
Registered
163 Posts
I will not comment on the experiences of others, it is not my business and I rather prefer that it stays that way.

I for one, have only good to say on Timber Lofts. I purchased a few birds early in the summer from him. Through no fault of his, USPS lost the package. The man spent as much time as I did, and maybe even more, on the phone, trying to locate that lost package. It could have, and seeming as they were my birds at that point, should have only been my problem. But his dedication to helping me find them from both shipping ends, resulted in their arrival at last.
I'll be the first person to tell you that I don't know enough to say who's a good handler, and who's not. But if he cares half as much about the birds in his lofts, as he did about mine in that box, then that is enough for me.
I'm looking to start racing in the 2011 season. If he's doing something like this then, will I send birds?

Yup.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I saw his site that advertised a gold band and auction race and was looking for feedback, I would be considering sending birds there (pending feedback from people) of course, in 2010 but wanted to get some feedback from people who has sent birds there before. How is he as a handler?
I have to agree with Bella. Aaron123 started a white homer swap but due to an animal getting into his loft he gave his birds to Bella. Well Timber joined in the swap and I send him two birds and he returned the favor. I like the birds I got and will do it again. They were healthy, well rounded birds. We have plans to swap again in the spring. Haven't raced with him, but I would when ready.

Tony

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Since he is a member here on PT, out of respect, I think it would be nice to keep the negative feedback in PM's. Perhaps post "I have had problems, etc" and PM with specifics so the OP will know what they're dealing with. Plus the post will be here for future reference in case anyone else wants to know, and can PM for more info.

Mark didn't say anything wrong, just saying in case anyone else wants to report neg. stuff, to keep their post to a minimum like he did in cases like these.

I'd be pretty embarrassed if someone told about their negative stuff about me in public :eek: Regardless of whether I did or didn't deserve it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if I was misread from my first post. I just wanted to know how he was as a handler. I am not trying to find dirt on people. I was more curious if anyone had sent him BIRDS to handle.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Born2fly,

Im glad you came across my site and your potential intrest in our clubs Gold Band and Auction Band Races. Yes, we will continue this again next year and like any new thing, as a club are working on revising small issues. For instance, we may ship both the Gold Band and Auction band races the same day, 30 min apart instead of shipping them 2 weeks apart.

As for being a great handler? I am not..LOL This year was only my 3rd year in competition, so Im still learning plus we moved last year so its also a new location for us. Though I was not able to place any birds in the $ in the Gold Band race (we clocked 17th, 5.25min off first) this past weekend, Im hopeful to beable to change that come the Auction Race. If you will send me a PM, I would be glad to give you the email addys for those OOA Breeders that participated this year and you can come to your own conclusions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts