Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[URL="http://
[/URL]

The reason im asking is because there telling me its a homer.

Also the band has AGSG 2007. If anybody knows this breeder.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
what's a tiplet? a small tippler.... if there is a breed like that it would be a cute name.

the AGSG pigeons are pigeons from the pigeon king scam, where a buch of farmer bought alot of pigeons with the promise the young would be bought for the resturant market, well that never happend and these folks were stuck with hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of pigeons. most could not afford to keep feeding them so most were killed or set free.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tiplet is my Brooklyn term. But it is tippler. So is it?

Thank you for the band info.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
It does look a bit like a tippler. I'm not used to seeing normal colors, just grizzles. So I can't be for certain. It's just not a homer. They were selling everything off as homers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does look a bit like a tippler. I'm not used to seeing normal colors, just grizzles. So I can't be for certain. It's just not a homer. They were selling everything off as homers :rolleyes:

I agree. Head to small and round. Eyes to white. Beak to small. Even my wife saw the difference when I told her to compare to the homers. She dont know anything about pigeons.

G

·
the AGSG pigeons were mainly a cross between tipplers and homers so dont even know where they got the idea that it would ever be a good meat bird out of that cross but thats another story all together ... it does tell the story of why this bird looks to be a tippler homer cross thou now doesnt it ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts