Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am a pigeon owner. I lost my two pigeon last year due to some condition. But now i am re-planning to buy a pair of pigeon but now i want them as indoor pigeon pet mean i want to pet it inside home. I seen several videos in which pigeons is living with people inside there home and also i cages. So please give me some tips and advice on size of cage , Daily routine needed for exercise of pigeons, and all that information that is important so my pigeons can be happy and healthy . Must reply:confused: :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
WHich Breed you want to Keep ?
I think if you want to keep them in door, then keep the breeds that are not specificaly for flying so they dont need to much excercise. Like Fantail breeds, Pouter Breeds, King Breeds etc.

I think miminum size of cage 1.5 ft* 1.5 *1.5 is enough for them maximum that you can afford.

Feed two times daily and need to increase food if they are breeding pair, fresh water .
Need to clean their cage atleat weekly basis.
fresh water in a way the pigeon dont waste and not droping into it.
In a week also give some water so they can bath in to it.
Give some light direct in to sun, Maximum according to weather.
Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi Pigeon_King_1308,

Keeping homers in a cage would not be too good for them, they will not get enough exercise... usually Homers like to fly, so keeping them indoors will result in unhappy pigeons IMO.

I think mateeb4u has made some good suggestions; better to go for a more indoor breed like fantails etc.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks but i want to pet homer breed so what additional thing i need for homers
Nothing...leave them free flying, they make great pets, loving, caring and protected by you. I have made an area in a second room with boxes, and on top of the boxes their nest boxes, which i made for them. there is a window for them to go outside on a balcony
that i have used bird netting to enclose it...it is a space 10x6 feet...they eat out there and spend the days outside in the sun...the fly around the room for exercise...they are happy and content and have adjusted to life inside. they normally set around in trees anyway, when left outdoors, instead of trees, they set on plant pots i've turned upside sidedown for them to set on the balcony railing and watch the world go by. Be inventive, they will do very well inside let them have freedom, let their droppings dry, they are like little stones that can be picked up and thrown away or swept up...give them a place outside to take a bath...they love to take baths!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks LeeLu but My parent wont allow them to free flying inside home , I think i would adopt a pair of fancy pigeon. So question is now that is Fancy pigeon can live in a small aviary or cage if yes then what will be the minimum and maximum size of aviary or cage needed by pair of Fancy pigeon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts