Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I decided that our squab turned squeaker was now big enough for my toddler to hold. Ethan has been waiting for weeks to hold the new birdy and so I let them bond while supervised. I'll tell ya that squeaker let Ethan touch her all over. She just sat there and seemed to be very fine with it.

Check out these pictures!

So I'm wondering if this young bird is getting friendlier or if she knew it was a kid holding her. Maybe he wasn't a threat because he was a baby too?

Anyways, when I let her back into the room (where she's now on the floor) she walked in and looked back at me like she was thinking about coming back. It was so cute.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Those pics are adorable, very very cute!

I'm sure the bird sensed she/he was safe and in protected hands. I'm betting she/he knows Ethan is about her/his age.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Wonderful pictures! Looks like you made Ethan's day!!!

Animals are simply amazing. They DO seem to know the difference between ages ... I could give you sooooooo many examples of dogs who's personalities changed DRAMATICALLY when they were with the young and/or the old - - dogs who, otherwise, were BONKERS with folks in between. Of course, your squeaker's trust of humans has a lot to do with it's relationship with YOU. Be proud, mom/grandmom!

·
Registered
875 Posts
that is so sweet!its never too early to let kids have a hold of a pet ,it teaches kids a whole manner of lessons valuable in life,BOTH are so cute,the little boy looks so at ease with teh pigeon,and the pigeon is likewise

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Much better then a hamster, huh? :D I am so excited these two hit it off. If they get along that bird is welcome in my house. We'll get some diapers and let her stay. I grew up with LOTS of pets and I am so much more compassionate then my husband who grew up petless. I totally agree that God put these animals on this earth to teach us love. Thank you Lord.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Much better then a hamster, huh? :D I am so excited these two hit it off. If they get along that bird is welcome in my house. We'll get some diapers and let her stay. I grew up with LOTS of pets and I am so much more compassionate then my husband who grew up petless. I totally agree that God put these animals on this earth to teach us love. Thank you Lord.
i agree totally too,there is something special with children and pets,i have a 7 yr old daughter and she LOVES animals,teh little pigeon i sjust so at ease with ethan,he got himself a special freind,would be great if the pigeon stays

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
that is so sweet.....and true.:)

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Wonderful, sweet pictures. Ethan is adorable and the pigeon is so beautiful.

I think size may be the key here. I am a very small person - just over 5" and small built. Most all of our pigeons seem to gravitate to me more than my 6' husband. Same is true of most animals - dogs and cats. And, children. :)

I'm so glad he has parents who are exposing him to the wonders of birds at such an early age. I think parents set the example for children to follow for the rest of their lives. I expect most members here, like myself, had parents who picked up strays and always had "critters" around them. Personally, I am so happy I was raised in that environment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts