Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this how a youngster turns out when the parents get too close to the Cooper hawk? Color came out of a blue bar pied cock and a silver UPC685 hen. Whats up with this Warren? I know your birds you sent me are Down from Mr. Cooper but this is rediculous, you didnt say you were actually breeding with coopers :eek:
ken

Attachments

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
very nice bird!!
I have young bird that same color in my loft

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They listed this at the combine auction as a chocolate!! Not sure how they came up with that. Anyone know why the color spreads under the wing and breast and what the technical color is called?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
It could be an indigo ash-red, which is probably where they got the 'chocolate' from. If it doesn't look like a normal red or blue, and has red on it, it seems like it's always labeled chocolate :p

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Hey Ken,

If it is any consolation, I have several youngsters out of Warren's birds that look just like this.

Maybe he's setting us up or something! ;)

Dan
I forget what the final verdict was, as far as the genetic color, but I suspect the color comes from the same bird that produced the unusual color in the bird you started a thread about........:rolleyes:.....Of course, I do have names for certain bird's genetic lines...such as Mr. Cooper, Blue Falcon and the lastest...Eagle line.....it wasn't about coming up with cute names, it was about aspects of the bird which reminded me of those birds of prey.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Just a quick update on this bird. Warren, I told you this was out of the UPC 685 hen bred to our 2008 Ace pigeon 755 and wanted you to know this bird LCC 1113 was 5th (equal first) in the combine last weekend at 150 miles against 1281 birds with a speed of 1592 YPM. Them darn chickens you sent me 4 years back just keep producing good pigeons :D
Ken

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
That bird's sire was Mister Cooper. He got that name by the way he out foxed a young Cooper who tried to eat him, when he was only about seven weeks old. Mr. Cooper was a 1st generation Smith. He was a member of my 1st YB team in 2003, and managed to score high enough to make the United Pigeon Combine's Bird of the Year List. I no longer have Mr. Cooper, but there are 42 descendents recorded in his data base. He was sold and replaced by other 1/2 brother's, I let a couple brother's go to you, their number's are 919 and 903. Grand children of Ludo's Late Rode 430 and perhaps more critical, full son's of none other then the Duke of Earl of which 123 descendents are within the SFL data base. Among them, Ace's, 1st Place Flamingo, cash winners from Winners Cup and other Flamingo events, and perhaps 50% of my breeding colony.

Your experience, simply confirms mine, thank you for sharing. A few more performances like that, and she may be breeding material. If you decide to breed towards the Claessens standard, I will share with you, what may be the definition of an ideal or "Perfect" Claessen bird. If you should ever happen across a bird which looks like this, ignore any pedigree or "name" and simply buy the bird.

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Warren, I still own 919 & 903 and they still produce good pigeons to this day. That bird pictured is the envy of any loft and I would definately grab that the first opportunity given. We'll keep you posted as the season progresses on the protege of your birds and their scorings.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Becky, Funny thing is the number 13 is my lucky number!! I have had more good things happen to me on the 13th than any other day. I get the 1300 series bands in 2 more years and cant wait for that :D

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Haha, hopefully all your birds will be lucky and take all the prizes that year :D
1113 is mine just because it's 'code' for my middle and last initials. Something my friend discovered a couple years ago :rolleyes: I have a breeder who is number 13, so maybe your luck will spread to her too :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.