Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i`ve had it about 6 weeks
tried taping the wing up with ace bandaging ( the thin ones that stick to themselves)
didn`t hold repeatedly

the little guy is doing fine
i have him in a large cage outside
lots of other birds around keeping him company
i just don`t want to confine him if he can heal

can`t find a place locally to take him
'
is there still a chance this guys wing can heal correctly if i can get the tape to hold?
its still drooping and when i hold him , his good wing flaps , but the bad wing doesn`t move much

· Registered
257 Posts
i`ve had it about 6 weeks
tried taping the wing up with ace bandaging ( the thin ones that stick to themselves)
didn`t hold repeatedly

the little guy is doing fine
i have him in a large cage outside
lots of other birds around keeping him company
i just don`t want to confine him if he can heal

can`t find a place locally to take him
'
is there still a chance this guys wing can heal correctly if i can get the tape to hold?
its still drooping and when i hold him , his good wing flaps , but the bad wing doesn`t move much
If you tape feathers together or splint the wing in any way it will suffer ankylosis and the bird will never fly. Wing fractures must be addressed by a vet right away in 24h (rarely it can wait 48h), fixed in a way that the joint can move while the fractured bone is stable. I've worked over 15 years in wild bird rescue and unfortunately every bird with fractured wing that was not found and treated emediatelly ended up an disabled. However these birds can be great house pet, I speak from experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts