Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I felt like taking pictures of my birds today so I took pictures of my cocks that don't really have any individual pictures. These are the ones in my cock section I have yet to move over birds from the YB section to the breeding sections that I want to stock. I also won't be breeding from all of these birds this year either, but might put them with my racing hens to at least get a young one off of them.

My foundation Fabry cock has bred diploma winners (including an equal first) and clock birds two years in a row.

Staf Van Reet cock from Mel's Loft off of his "2008" cock bred my best racing hen (diploma, as well) this year.

Grandson to I.F. Registered Champion pigeon that was Champion OB two years running in our club.

Staf Van Reet cock from Mel's Loft, bred me clock birds, and a diploma winner for a guy in the Lindenhurst Pigeon Club.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Cock that was donated to my clubs fundraiser (Schenectady Homing Pigeon Club Fundraiser Auction, might of seen it advertised at the show in CT on the 17th, thank you to all who came) by Galaxy Loft. He is a nice handling cock, very tame, and smart in my opinion.

The calmest cock in my loft but would not stay still for a picture. From a friend in the club. My friend has stocked several hens off of this cock and this cock bred me a good clock bird this year that would of won if she wasn't a bad trapper.

Grandson to I.F. Registered Champion pigeon that was Champion OB two years running in our club.

Late hatch of this year from a fellow flier. This young cock has 6 siblings that have won races or been equal first this year.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

From a good flier in our club his father won over 30 diplomas I have yet to breed out of him.

Fabry off of my foundation cock, was in the top 10 positions as a young bird, and bred a race winner this year his first year breeding.

Grandson to I.F. Registered Champion pigeon that was Champion OB two years running in our club. (All three cocks are full brothers, and Devriendts)

Devriendt cock off of diploma winners or breeder of diploma winners. Bred my best young bird this year (a race winner), also 3 clock birds.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Gorgeous birds!!! Seems like you have them very well organized and accounted for also. Hard to do with numerous birds!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much country84 and Eric!!! Eric, I had wanted to show you my hens that I am going to be breeding from, those hens are absolutely gorgeous!!! Both splashes like that cock up there.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Than you Pete. Yes we do, but this upcoming year will be my very first old bird racing season, so I have never flown them out that far myself, but they go back to 500 mile winners. I plan on only flying them to 400 miles as yearlings (that is what my old bird team is made up of)

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Thats a good idea only sending them to 400 miles, most yearlings are not ready for more. I have had a couple that were just ready for any thing and sent them out to 600 but it takes a special bird.
Dave

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
They are very beautiful pigeons.I especially like the one you said is so calm...gorgeous!
I love the way you keep your loft so nice and clean.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are very beautiful pigeons.I especially like the one you said is so calm...gorgeous!
I love the way you keep your loft so nice and clean.
HAHAHA! They make fun of me at the club for cleaning so much they call me a "neat freak" I clean my loft everyday, and if I see a pigeon with droppings on it or something, then I'll take it and wash it up so it looks shiney again. Thank you very much for the compliment!!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats a good idea only sending them to 400 miles, most yearlings are not ready for more. I have had a couple that were just ready for any thing and sent them out to 600 but it takes a special bird.
Dave
Well this year I will fly double widowhood because I don't have the numbers, I don't want to loose any cocks because as 2 year olds I want to switch over to widowhood with cocks only, so I'll be playing it safe big time with this group of pigeons to build a team for the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts