Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using a translator, so please understand.
Besides dogs and cats, he has a knack for treating a variety of animals, so he visited the hospital he had gone to before for reptile treatment. I talked to the doctor about the nutritional issues and the possibility of stomatitis, bird louse, etc. There are all possibilities, but it is not known for sure at this time, and pigeons are still young, and there are no special problems except for the condition of their feathers. If there is no sign of improvement even after taking nutritional supplements and continuously checking the weight, we decided to approach it from the perspective of disease or parasite infection. I remember the pigeon weighed about 327 grams.
I hope that improvement is an easy and less dangerous issue of nutrition.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Looks like a young bird. Others here can comment on that. Dont know if he is old enough to feed himself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm using a translator, so please understand.
Besides dogs and cats, he has a knack for treating a variety of animals, so he visited the hospital he had gone to before for reptile treatment. I talked to the doctor about the nutritional issues and the possibility of stomatitis, bird louse, etc. There are all possibilities, but it is not known for sure at this time, and pigeons are still young, and there are no special problems except for the condition of their feathers. If there is no sign of improvement even after taking nutritional supplements and continuously checking the weight, we decided to approach it from the perspective of disease or parasite infection. I remember the pigeon weighed about 327 grams.
I hope that improvement is an easy and less dangerous issue of nutrition.
View attachment 98105 View attachment 98106
No way this pigeon on the picture weights 327 grams, even adult pigeons are not that big. I'm sure it's has under 200 grams, like 150 maybe.
You need to feed this pigeon baby bird formula, ketchup like consistency or make pea sized balls from formula (powder + just a bit of water, clay like consistency) and put one by one back in the beak. 40 balls in one feeding, 3 times daily. Baby bird formula has all the vitamins pigeon needs for proper development.

·
Registered
69 Posts
And I don't see any problems with pogeon's feathers, it's just young and that kind of feathers are normal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a young bird. Others here can comment on that. Dont know if he is old enough to feed himself.
When the feathers on the sides under the wings are almost grown, I will stop feeding the baby and train him to eat grain himself. Do you know what to do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No way this pigeon on the picture weights 327 grams, even adult pigeons are not that big. I'm sure it's has under 200 grams, like 150 maybe.
You need to feed this pigeon baby bird formula, ketchup like consistency or make pea sized balls from formula (powder + just a bit of water, clay like consistency) and put one by one back in the beak. 40 balls in one feeding, 3 times daily. Baby bird formula has all the vitamins pigeon needs for proper development.
The actual weight is less than that. Thank you for the information. Originally fed four times a day, but now they're going to feed every 7 a.m., 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. Do you mind if I feed you like that?
The picture in the text doesn't seem to have a big problem. But in reality, the feathers are not glossy. It's also split. And it doesn't straighten out, so the feathers look dry.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
You can leave some small seeds with him. Different types of seed, they usually start eating the seed easiest to pick up. Play with the seed by using your fingers. Push the seed around with your fingers, he will start pecking.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The actual weight is less than that. Thank you for the information. Originally fed four times a day, but now they're going to feed every 7 a.m., 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. Do you mind if I feed you like that?
The picture in the text doesn't seem to have a big problem. But in reality, the feathers are not glossy. It's also split. And it doesn't straighten out, so the feathers look dry.
What do you feed pigeon with?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts