Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just now I noticed in couple of places a loose yellowish poop with blood strains:confused:. It was one of my young bird (less than 3 months old). It looks healthy eats/drinks well.

This is what all my birds ate since yesterday
barley, corn, green peas, corn, peas and few other seeds (ragi/bajra)
egg shells,fenugreek green leaves (yesterday for the first time)http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/somagallery/3849590867/
fresh water

Everyday I've couple of visitors too
one white pijji from near by loft. It doesn't look healthy, also carries some worms too. My birds doesn't have any visible worms as i carefully investigate them every week. It sits on my terrace watching my birds eating. I don't allow my birds to mingle with him. And there is a squirrel couple too. I allow them to eat food along with my birds as my birds are not scared of them .

And also last sunday I've bought 2 new pigeons (6yrs/4 yrs old approximately) from one of the pigeon club members who has 200+ well maintained healthy birds. These birds look healthy too.

hmm ... I donno ... whether the baby is unhealthy or it's faking its wellness :(. She is free flying now around my loft.

Thanks,
Anand

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hi all,

Just now I noticed in couple of places a loose yellowish poop with blood strains:confused:. It was one of my young bird (less than 3 months old). It looks healthy eats/drinks well.

hmm ... I donno ... whether the baby is unhealthy or it's faking its wellness :(. She is free flying now around my loft.
Are you sure this poop was made by this bird?

Everyday I've couple of visitors too
one white pijji from near by loft. It doesn't look healthy, also carries some worms too. My birds doesn't have any visible worms as i carefully investigate them every week. It sits on my terrace watching my birds eating. I don't allow my birds to mingle with him. And there is a squirrel couple too. I allow them to eat food along with my birds as my birds are not scared of them .
I never did see any signs from my birds but when I medicate for worms, a few end up pooping with dead ones. That's the only time I see the worms.

And also last sunday I've bought 2 new pigeons (6yrs/4 yrs old approximately) from one of the pigeon club members who has 200+ well maintained healthy birds. These birds look healthy too.
Keep these 2 birds isolated for about a month before introducing them to your loft.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think i might hold the fenugreek. It has a laxative effect on people.
Hmm I remember that I've read somewhere some people were feeding it to their pijjies. My bad not able to recall now.

i'm just sitting near the loft, strangely there is no visible blood strains in the poop now. Thanks for all the reply & concerns. But I'll be careful from my side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.