Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know if you have read my other thread but if you have, it would be helpful, but here it goes,
should i start to train my young bird to fly now, or should i wait until she has settled down properly first, there is a pigeon fancier who lives in my town, has told me to train my bird by puting a layer of fairy liquid on her flight feathers so she cant fly away, and by putting her on the landing board so she can look around the loft, and repeating this a few days, has anyone else heard of this, and if you do it can you give me some tips please.

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
i don't know if you have read my other thread but if you have, it would be helpful, but here it goes,
should i start to train my young bird to fly now, or should i wait until she has settled down properly first, there is a pigeon fancier who lives in my town, has told me to train my bird by puting a layer of fairy liquid on her flight feathers so she cant fly away, and by putting her on the landing board so she can look around the loft, and repeating this a few days, has anyone else heard of this, and if you do it can you give me some tips please.

:confused::confused::confused:
see other thread.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I start training mine at 3 weeks old. I grab them and put them on my sputniks trap to see the surroundings. When I feed my birds I whistle so they associate that sound with feeding. On my old ways by the fourth week after they wean, they get released outside. Obviously they can't fly so they just flutter from the landing board to the ground, etc. But because I have hawk problems I don't do that anymore. I only release them around 6 weeks old--risky because they are wing strong and can get lost easily. After 30 minutes or so I whistle and let them get inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts