Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the sticky at the top, the information that Snowbird posted, and they said make sure theres no tree, traffic, and houses in the way while training... well my house is surrounded by trees (although I've read in a previous post by someone asking that question and they were told it should be a problem, but my question is are houses and traffic really a problem? (I'm not thinking houses are a problem because I saw youtube videos of someone surrounded by houses like 5ft away from them and the birds homed fine)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
They were saying that the birds should have plenty of room to get up in the air from the release point so that they don't hit trees, cars, houses or whatever else while they are taking off.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I was reading the sticky at the top, the information that Snowbird posted, and they said make sure theres no tree, traffic, and houses in the way while training... well my house is surrounded by trees (although I've read in a previous post by someone asking that question and they were told it should be a problem, but my question is are houses and traffic really a problem? (I'm not thinking houses are a problem because I saw youtube videos of someone surrounded by houses like 5ft away from them and the birds homed fine)
I think Snowbird is refering when road training the birds, that you scope the area and make sure that there is nothing that will harm the birds once release out of the basket.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pigeon0446, that helped a lot and makes a lot of sense!

g0ldenb0y55, thank you I can see how that makes excellent sense.

soymi69 sooo kinda what Pigeon0446 said?

Thank you for all the help,

Shokri

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
He s talking about road training, you dont want to pull over to the side of the road and turn your birds loose with cars and trucks buzzing by. Thats a disaster that will happen.
Dave

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
The goal obviously is to release the birds on a safe side.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
He s talking about road training, you dont want to pull over to the side of the road and turn your birds loose with cars and trucks buzzing by. Thats a disaster that will happen.
Dave
Lol....:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts