Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have Just Started Pigeon Racing And Have Got My First Set Of Pigeons Flying Out. But They Keep Sitting On Poeple Roofs. How Do I Stop Them From Sitting On Roofs. And How Do I Tell Them To Come Down. I Shake Food But The Dont Respond. Help Please

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
They need to be hungry when you let them out. I think the biggest mistake people make with young birds ( I know I did) is to feed them too much. Food is the only incentive you have with a young pigeon.

Dan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i let them out hungry everytime but they still sit on roofs and disobey me when i call them back

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
are they coming to your feed call when they are in the loft? if not your feeding too much and they do not know your feed call, they need to go after the feed and almost be waiting for you to dump it in when you call them to eat.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
1oz twice a day per bird to start, if they eat every bit, add just a bit more the next time, if there are just a few seeds left after say 10 to 15 mins..that would be just right..IMO. you have to do your call each and every time even if it does not seem like they are listening, I don't shake a can,I use a glass measuring pitcher, but because Im a women I have a high voice and I say loud, coooome ooon...leeeets eaaat!, they can hear that from anywhere!...lol..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts