Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i think ill take my birds on their fist training toss tomorrow. How far should i go for their first toss?

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
They have all been routing? and how old are the youngest birds? I never take birds down the road till they have droped at least 2 of thier secondary feathers.

Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
What do you mean by dropped secondary feathers? Does everyone wait until they begin molting before they begin training their young birds?

I have a little guy that is about 2 months old. Is it too early to start training @ 1 or 2 mile distance?

·
Registered
678 Posts
My first Y/B's where born on presidents day:) so that makes them ruffly give or take 3 months old. that groupe of birds are kitting and barely routing and disappearing for about 30 minutes.just let them do there thing. patience is part of the game. nothing more rewarding then when all your Y/B's are loft flying together:) every year is like the first! can't describe the feeling but it feels good!:). good luck! Pudge23869:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know exactly what you are saying!!!

I only have 1 young bird right now and 2 more in the nest about 3 weeks old.

I let my YB fly with his parents a few times a week and he has learned quickly, he is even trap trained already when I call them in for feed time.

I am not sure what everyone elses birds are like but I feel like mine are pretty inteligent.

I will hold off a few more weeks before I start training.

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts