Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

I have a bob-style trap on my loft, and have begun settling a YB, and teaching him how to trap.

The bobs stick a little at the bottom or the frame, requiring the bird to force his way through to break them "loose." Is this normal, or should the bobs hang loose without touching the frame? If they need to be looser, I suppose I can nip or file them off a bit...

Thanks!

Don

G

·
the bobs are suposed to be longer then the bottom board so they just rest against it not get lodged in at the bottom ;)

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
The bob's rest against the bottom board so they swing in--they do not swing both in and out---maybe add another/different bottom board---Google Pigeon bob traps--look at a picture.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bob's rest against the bottom board so they swing in--they do not swing both in and out---maybe add another/different bottom board---Google Pigeon bob traps--look at a picture.
Mine are blocked from swinging out... it's a one-way trap, going in.

I just wasn't sure about the binding at the bottom.

Thx,

Don

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Can you share a photo? I am not sure what is going on. I have had the whole bottom piece catch on the small horizontal pieces on the sides but fixed that by cutting them shorter so they would not catch any bobs. The bobs should swing back with no catching.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All:

Well, I'll tinker with it tomorrow. Seems like the bobs are just a touch too long. I'll take a dremel tool to them and shorten them up a whisker, they should be fine.

That's what I get for buying a door pre-assembled from one of the pigeon supply houses, I guess...

I just wondered if they were supposed to be tighter to keep hawks, etc. out. I do have a landing board/door that flips up and locks into place to keep varmints out. Thanks for clearing that up.

Don

G

·
All:

Well, I'll tinker with it tomorrow. Seems like the bobs are just a touch too long. I'll take a dremel tool to them and shorten them up a whisker, they should be fine.

That's what I get for buying a door pre-assembled from one of the pigeon supply houses, I guess...

I just wondered if they were supposed to be tighter to keep hawks, etc. out. I do have a landing board/door that flips up and locks into place to keep varmints out. Thanks for clearing that up.

Don
the bobs arent supposed to be shorter , the frame they sit in is ,they are supposed to extend beyond the frame they sit in ..and you dont want them all that tight ..the only way to keep the hawks out is to close it up when the birds are all in and be there when they are out .

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the bobs arent supposed to be shorter , the frame they sit in is ,they are supposed to extend beyond the frame they sit in
Oh, I gotcha.

I'll tack a little strip of wood in the bottom of the door frame then. That'll get the bobs resting on the inside lip of the door. Then, it will match the design of the picture posted. I knew something wasn't quite right.

Thanks!

Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts