Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i just train my racers to go inside the trap but for some reason when i take them to go train they wouldn't fly down to the loft and go inside the trap. they just fly on top of the roof and sit there when it's time to eat or sleep.also the food in the loft was already refill before letting them train for about 20 miles...

the trap is 12x10 with no special trapping steel. it just an opening for them to come back in and out.

what am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The trick is ensure the birds are hungry before you release them. My birds use to sit on the roof also, but now they know that if they do not trap they do not eat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
what i do is that i make sure they are hungry but not starving to death before i let them fly.
i let most of them out and leave maybe about 4 to 5 of them in the loft.
let the other ones fly for awhile and then shake the feed bottle i made , they will then fly down to the loft and start trapping when they see that the other ones are eating inside. i do this for a couple weeks making sure i rotate the birds around so that everyone will get flying time and learn that when they hear the feed call there is going to be feed inside the loft for them.
soon you can let them all out and they should all trap when they hear the call

you have to train them to the feed call also so that when you do call they will respond to it.

hopes this helps i am new myself at the pigeon world but been doing many redaerch on different kinds of methods use by many different people. i just sort of combine everything and made up my own method. do what is best for you.

good luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I use open door , and i whistle them , the come in on a full crop or empty crop , and put food not too much on the landing board and they will see that the other birds are inside and they should trap ! Hope This helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts