Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well with a little effort I got my or there trap in today it is a home made trap I have a couple pics of it. I started training them to use it.I put each one in front of the trap and gave them a little nudge and wala the went right in no problem. Here is a picture also of my newest ird with Hammy. I never relised what an addiction this could be it's just great

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Works for me!! That's good. Now just keep training them to go through and you've got it made. Are there pictures of your loft somewhere? I forget......

NEVER MIND..........I see the pics..........

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Looks great :)
Very good work!!!
My only word of advice is if you can get the bobs moved down just a hair more... so that the end of the bob is resting on that blue part of that wood.
Reason I say that is they might be able to push the bobs open from the inside with them up that high.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when I go to feed them tomorrow should I let them out and then call them when I feed them I just don't want to lose them. I hvn't had them out of the loft yet except in the avery I notice the babies are walking around the loft with there wings streched out and lightly flapping does this mean they want to fly

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
What do you mean by on the side? What I'm wonder is this......can you put the birds in the avairy and let them trap without actually being loose in the outside world? Because, that's what you really need before you even think about turning them loose. There's a method to the madness...........;)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Freaking brilliant! I've never thought of that. I have those t-link hose connectors. You can put some settling cage on that, too, if you want.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Very good. I like it.
If you saw mine, you'd scratch your head! I didn't put my trap in the aviary. I put mine on the side of my loft. They land on the board, then go through to get in the loft. I use a 3" PVC elbow as a trap. It was os easy to just cut a hole, put the elbow in and caulk it to seal it. I put a little door on a hinge to close it to the outside world.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts