Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are supposed to take Phoebe home today. She had coelemic surgery yesterday for internal xanthomatosis and fluid buildup. The vet was able to debulk it, removing about a third of the mass. We live five hours from the vet. They said if she eats and poops and her behavior looks ok they are discharging her early this morning. I am worried about the stress of the ride, pain, and whether she is stable enough to travel. Any thoughts? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got home from the five hour drive. Decided to leave Phoebe at Medical Center for Birds until Saturday. She seemed glad to see us but was breathing hard and looked tired and I think a five hour car ride might have undermined her recovery. Dr Speer, who saved her life again, said anesthesia was so difficult that she can't have surgery again. Her air sac wouldn't inflate. Medical management of her xanthomatosis will include deslorelin implants, omega 3s, and anti inflammatory medication. It was really hard to leave her there. We will go back Saturday. Anyone have experience with cholesterol problems or xanthomas? Poor Phoebe.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top