Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my mom decided that, instead of building a new loft, we're gonna transform my old treehouse into a loft. Would this work good enough?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Do you gotta a picture of your tree house? Sounds sort of kewl if you ask me but as far a cleaning it and stuff like that would be a pain especially if you have to climb up and down.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
It'd work fine as long as you're okay with climbing up and down every day. And if you're unable to take care of them for whatever reason (hurt or sick maybe) will your parents be able to climb up there to feed and water them?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean by open? Oh, and I don't mind the climbing (but cleaning out the christmas decorations and putting them into the over packed attic is gonna be a pain) I just didn't know if it would work. I lost my camera on vacation, so . . . no pics

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think he might mean by open is does it get good sunlight and will the birds be able to take off and land if you let them out....is this actually in a tree type of tree house or a large fort in the backyard.....i wish i took more picts...i enjoy sharing them on here...do you know the demensions of your house by chance?

·
Registered
414 Posts
kewl, hope it works out for you, i had a friend growing up that had one of those had a great time playing in it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've been thinking about making a loft out of this play structure my kids don't use any more. I like your idea but the location and openness are important too. :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, one side has a huge tree, so it's blocked, but the other side is overlooking a large pasture so that shall be the side we put the trap on

·
Registered
890 Posts
I've been thinking about making a loft out of this play structure my kids don't use any more. I like your idea but the location and openness are important too. :D
Hmmm.....looks expensive, if you could sell it to someone willing to disassemble it and move it then that would be even better. You could build a really first class loft with the proceeds. It doesn't cost a cent to advertise on Craigslist.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was just reading some training manuals, and I read that you have to have a training pen. I'm not sure If my loft is gonna work now :'(

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
A settling cage is ideal, yes. If you can build an aviary on the side of the loft, and put the trap door on top of the aviary (using the top of the aviary as a landing board), then that would be an easy place to put the settling cage. Orrrr the aviary can actually double as a settling cage, by having only two openings into the aviary from the loft - a general door, and a trap door. Open up the regular door to make it a typical aviary for sun bathing, or close it and open the trap door for a settling cage.

Pictures are easier than words. Let me find some. I think some people call that last one a california style aviary or something.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
crap, just remembered I haven't told y'all where my aviary is. We wrapped Rabbit wire around the stilts, installed a locking door and viola, my aviary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts