Pigeon-Talk banner

Trees Gray

Tags
flood
2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Skyeking 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard from Treesa? I just checked and the last time she posted was yesterday morning at 10:19. You know some parts of Florida are flooding because of TS Fay................
And what about Reti? Her last activity was this AM at 7:30?

#4 ·
I wondered, too, watching about Florida's flooding. I hope she is okay and above the flooding!

#5 · (Edited)
Hello everypone and thank you for your concern!

I didn't post yesterday due to our electric power going off and on all day, it is a nuisance to the computer. Also, we have had continues rain as well as strong gusty winds. The sstorm has sat here 2 days now and will be 3 days if it doesn't move out today.

Most of the roads here in Palm Bay are flooded and there are areas where the houses are completely flooded. The police have advised everyone to stay off the road until we get a chance to dry up, but that won't be until this storm scoots out of here, and she is sitting still at the moment. We have puddles around the front yard which will become lakes if we continue to get daily rains.

My husband has to go to work everyday, and I'm so glad we have a truck, especially now, as he is able to get thru most of the flooding, couldn't do that in our Honda. So I'm home all day again, since he is driving my truck. The hospital where my husband works is getting flooded out in some of the patients rooms and their parking lot is totally flooded. They had to get sandbags to keep the water out. My brother got his car stuck and it had to be towed home, and he is among many who had to be towed home.

Melbourne is flooded much worse then this city, as is Satellite Beach, which has not only flooding but raw sewage floating around with the rain.

I didn't talk to Reti yesterday, but the storm has moved out of their area and they are fine.

The pigeons are tired of being indoors all day, inside their coop, I hope we get a dry spell soon so they can come outside. Between this storm and their molting it is a bit stressful for them. I want everything to dry out, where the rain blew in thru the screen and let them get some sun.

Please keep our flood victims in your thoughts and prayers, it's not over yet, and the numbers of those who lost their homes will increase.

My sons are hoping this storm will move into Georgia, because they need the rain and I hope it moves over there soon too, for more reasons then theirs.

Thank you.

#6 ·
Trees, glad to hear you and your family are fine. I just heard on the news that some areas are expected to get 25-30 inches of rain. We were supposed to get some remnants of rain but unfortunately the system is headed west. Course, I don't think we want 25-30 inches of rain!

Sure hope your house doesn't flood.

#14 ·
Thank you all.

Fay seems to be making a slow crawl to the west now, so we are getting dryer, just have some remaining tail end feeder bands/squals (from Fay) to go thru, but we are drying up. Actually those can be worse and produce tornadoes at times.

Good thing she is moving out too, as some people around here are now having problems flushing their toilets too :eek:...and that is the worst kind of flooding/back up of sewage.

#16 ·
I am glad your birds are ok. The plastic sheeting I put up blew off the windows and I came home to 2" of standing water on the loft floor. After some quick scrapping into whatever I could and a huge bag of wood shavings I got things under control. I also had to nail ply wood over the windows to make sure they stayed dry.

What a mess there are definitely some changes taking place after we dry up.

#17 ·
I'm glad to hear your birds are fine. I'm glad you got the flooding under control. Once you make it thru the first storm with a pigeon coop, then you know where to make necessary upgrades/changes accordingly.

After not being able to clean for 3 days....the dampness in the loft from wind blown rain, mixed with feathers and poop made a horrible smell, I won't describe.... :confused: phew!!

Once the rain stopped late yesterday, I was able to scrape a layer of the wet poop mix off both floors and spray them down with Basic G, and the smell is gone. Everyone got a garlic cap down the throat and then it got dark and off to bed they went.

This morning a bit of SUN and then rain, and then SUN...I'm glad the weather is improving.

Keep those who lost their homes to floods in your prayers today.

Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.