Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you might know, Tundra and Clove had more babies! VesperIII and Aries are very big now, although I've forgotten how old. Anyway. Vesper -the younger- has been being attacked pretty hard by Tripp. I hadn't known how hurt she was, but today I grabbed her to find her all bloody and sad under her wings. I took her from the loft because he kept attacking her. She's old enough to be on her own, she can walk, eat seeds, and do pigëöñ things. I put polysporin on her and she's doing fine otherwise. What should I do? Keep her inside 'till she can defend herself?

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Can you seperate her with other young birds her age?

I would keep her seperate for now, if you don't have a coop for young birds.

How many birds do you have and what size is your coop/loft?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 14 pigeons, and my loft is something like 5x5? But if it sounds small, don't worry, because there are 7 in the loft, the rest are injured and elsewhere. I left her with a pigeon only a bit older than her for a bit, but (s)he also attacked her. She's alone now, with a good view of other pigeons.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I left Aries in there
Today I walked in to find his wings on the ground.
I cant find any place for entrance.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I would keep Tripp separated. He was the bully and he has to learn not to be. That's what i do with any aggressive behaviour, either spray with water (but for that you need to keep a constantly eye on them) or isolate it (again i would take him in a cage, but only when the bullying behaviour takes place - that's more effective and they know why the are in the cage or box). They are very smart creatures.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
You have been offered help and given some solid advice, I would take it.

Seriously, get those birds out of that loft, as you will lose more until you predator proof it, you are failing your birds. Your birds will fight if they are overcrowded too.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
You have been offered help and given some solid advice, I would take it.

Seriously, get those birds out of that loft, as you will lose more until you predator proof it, you are failing your birds. Your birds will fight if they are overcrowded too.
One of the problems when there are many threads around the same birds & poster is that it can be difficult to keep up.
Also, when newbies resurect older posts and dont know circumstances of others also.

Those that have been following all the threads will know that Aries has passed & the loft was torn down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts