Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking for poeple in my area who have some white homers, and after a really tough time, I have found a person who does white dove releases and she has some of her best pairs hatching babies!!!:D She has also told me that she has a pair of grizzle trumpeter pigeons, and that they are tamer than the homers, and that their last round of babies were almost all white. Whichever I get, whether it be the homers, or trumpeters, will only be kept as pets, and I wont race them. The lady told me that the trumpeters will do fine as yard birds and will trap back to my loft. I was wondering if anyone knew about trumpeters and could tell me if this was true. Also I googeled them, and tried to see some pictueres but I am kind of confused. Some of them have feathered feet, and some are clean legged. And if they do have feathered feet, wont it make it hard for them to fly? Can anyone show me a picture?? lol. I was also wondering if it would be an ok idea to get 2 trumpeters and 2 homer babies. I will only keep them as pets, as I mentioned, and wouldnt let them have babies even if the two breeds decided to pair up. So far from the pictures I have seen they are just adorable and I have to have some:D .Thank You :) (Oh and I didnt really know what category to put the post in, I thouht I would just put it under homing pigeons, becuase it involves homers, lol)

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
I have been looking for poeple in my area who have some white homers, and after a really tough time, I have found a person who does white dove releases and she has some of her best pairs hatching babies!!!:D She has also told me that she has a pair of grizzle trumpeter pigeons, and that they are tamer than the homers, and that their last round of babies were almost all white. Whichever I get, whether it be the homers, or trumpeters, will only be kept as pets, and I wont race them. The lady told me that the trumpeters will do fine as yard birds and will trap back to my loft. I was wondering if anyone knew about trumpeters and could tell me if this was true. Also I googeled them, and tried to see some pictueres but I am kind of confused. Some of them have feathered feet, and some are clean legged. And if they do have feathered feet, wont it make it hard for them to fly? Can anyone show me a picture?? lol. I was also wondering if it would be an ok idea to get 2 trumpeters and 2 homer babies. I will only keep them as pets, as I mentioned, and wouldnt let them have babies even if the two breeds decided to pair up. So far from the pictures I have seen they are just adorable and I have to have some:D .Thank You :) (Oh and I didnt really know what category to put the post in, I thouht I would just put it under homing pigeons, becuase it involves homers, lol)
Yea...don't really think Trumpeter's belong in a Racing and Homing pigeon section.......:rolleyes:

I had them back in the 1960's as a kid. With today's Cooper Hawk population....I would say they would soon be hawk bait as they can't fly worth a darn. But, if you want some "Pretty" birds to look at in a cage in the back yard, they will certainly work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts