Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let my tumblers out today for the first time since i got them and now they wont come in for me i let 6 tumblers and one fantail out and there are one 3 tumblers and the fantail left sitting on the house roof. What should i do and where might the other 3 tumblers be? Any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
where would they be? well Im here in the US so my guess is somewhere in Ireland?...lol...
no really you are the one out there watching them, where did they fly off to?. did you learn how to settle tumblers? and learn about feeding.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i only ever kept racers so i dont know much about tumblers, i spotted 2 of the missing 3 flying around my estate but they have not come home yet. the other 3 tumblers and fantail are out on my house but i have not seen the 3rd missing tumbler since he went out.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have tumblers, too, that I don't have the guts to fly! Were they unfed when released? Try shaking some food for them or making sounds-whistling-like you would when feeding. I think some more prep might have been warranted. Hope they come back. Let us know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they have to stay out tonight because it got too dark out for them to come in ill see how i get on in the morning thanks. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have they been trained in trapping before. The smartest bird I have which is a roller, learned the trap in 5 days. I tossed him and he found his way in with no help. Some birds take longer than others. If they are rehomed long enough, you'll see them tomorrow or so.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been out today trying to locate my 6 tumblers and 1 fantail but with no sucess, i guess they fust be gone to find a home somewhere else. im not very happy bout this at all maybe i should just go back to the racers they never gave me any bother or worry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think that is necessary. Just do more research and planning and have patience. Its not the birds fault that they were improperly trained before being released, they are simply doing what comes natural to them. Also, you need to get the fantail inside, he will be a prime target for hawks and will be the first to go. Fancy pigeons are not flying pigeons.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry early bird but there isn't a hawk for miles and they are ment to be let out for a fly you cant keep them locked up 24/7

·
Registered
20 Posts
I understand they are meant to be let out to fly BUT they have to be trained to come back to your place, the tumblers. Fantails are fancy pigeons who were not bred to fly but to be looked at and admired.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts