Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wait for experienced members to come here...twisted neck can be due to many reason...pics of the bird will be helpful!! is he eating and drinking??
we have a thread going on the same issue, till that check it out http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f6/sick-pigeon-twisted-neck-77414.html
no i am hand feeding him he cant feed himself because his neck is not normal he is moving towards some random directions like a drunkard. today he looks better than yesterday but some whitish liquid coming from his eyes that makes his eyelids stick together and close the eyes.i am keep cleaning his eyes whenever i see his eyes closed.

·
Registered
899 Posts
pictures are not clear.....that can be eye infection, can you post a clear picture of his eyes and a video of him??

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Is he twisting the neck or shaking it? Twisting is a single movement, shaking is a succession of rapid movements. If second, the pigeon tries to vomit. The photo shows some vomit perhaps? The bird seem to have advanced salmonella, considering the aspect of droppings. I think only injectable antibiotic can save it, Lincospectin (the one I use) or Enrofloxacin. If you manage to give antibiotics, don't forget to give nystatin and apple cider vinegar and after the finish of treatment, at least few days on probiotics .

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
If you see white part in poop i.e urates it should be paratyphoid because in PMV they don't pass urates.
Look for the other symptoms of paratyphoid as well as PMV. This link is for symptoms of paratyphoid and refer the link skyeking has posted for pmv symptoms.

www.pigeonmania.com/salmonella-paratyphoid-in-pigeons/

If paratyphoid he needs urgent antibiotics treatment else will die.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.