Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I know someone was asking a while ago if there were any carriers that take pigeons. I can't find the thread and wondered if anyone in the UK found a good one.

I need to get one back to London area, Sutton in Surrey.

My husband is going to Wimbledon on Thursday and the bird's owner has suggested he take it and let it out there as he is convinced it will get home from there.
I'd feel better if it is to go back that it was handed back directly to the owner, but if there's no alternative, then it stands a better chance than letting it go from here.

If anyone can remember who was looking it would be a great help, thanks.

Janet

· Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Terry,

I emailed someone last night who has given me a couple of names to try today.
I was just a bit disappointed the chap didn't offer to find one himself. I'd rather pay if necessary to get it right home. I have checked with the man and he is keen to have it back, even told me it was quite tame and told me it's favourite treats so I could feed it, so I feel ok about it going home and that it isn't in danger of being PTS.

He said he'd lost two from that same race and I did see another similar bird in the next road later, but it flew off before I could see if it was banded. Am holding on for a couple of days in case this one turns up.

Funny really, it comes from a place called Sutton. I found it here further north in another place called Sutton. I reckon the bird keyed the wrong Sutton in it's Sat Nav!! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.