Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so there i was, out in the backyard, trying to get the cat to jump over the fence to come and eat her food, when the neighbor's dog chased her. i was all worried, so ran in to tell my husband because when i saw her look back her eye was all messed up and i thought the dog had gotten her. my husband came back out with me, and there sitting about a foot from Petunia's grave was the cat, sitting and licking a baby dove that was just laying there. i scooped it up and checked it out. gullet was completely empty, and it was a very limp bird. brought it in, offered a lil water, and it started gulping like crazy! it is now sitting in a box, with water and food, and resting. i'm not sure how it was there, or where it came from, but the fact it was oretty much right on top of petunia's grave does make me wonder! anyway, will bge back to post pics..right now it is still pretty shocky, but seems to really be waking up out of the daze! will keep everyone posted!

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Hi WIDGY LOVER, I believe that this bird was sent to you. You lost PETUINA about 10 days ago,this bird is meant to be yours. I see a happy beginning with a new bird for you. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
after it was more alert and settled, i looked the poor thing over. both of it's wings were broken, and one leg. it had problems holding his head up, and i could not get any food at all in him/her, just water. wasn't drinking or eating and didn't have any interest unless i nudged his beak down into the water where he'd sip very carefully but not much. i feel better knowing he had a quiet safe place to pass rather than in the dirt in the sun with a cat over him, where i found him tho =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts