Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
scanned in my birds at the club last night on the club unit ,went home placed the module in my base unit . birds where released today at noon and my birds came in around 3 ish. looked at the base unit and it read thet they clocked in at 01.00 to 01.25 ..thats 1 in the morning?brought it to the club and it read the same on the club unit?before i took the modular out on my base it was reading the correct time.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Well thats a new one for me...LOL

I guess the only thing to do is take it back to the club and make sure the time is set again. If it still does not take then youll have to call Diester at 703-368-2739 and let them know whats goin on, youll probably have to send it to them to be fixed. 9303 Grant Ave, Manassas, VA 20110.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Might need to replace the internal battery.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Might need to replace the internal battery.
That is what it sounds like to me. You set the time but when unplugged to take home the internal battery holds the time. Dead battery, time resets each time it is plugged in.

Tony

·
Registered
463 Posts
Also too....I think that Diester and CBS have had a fall out. So if you do the upgrade, anyone who is using any of the CBS bands along with the new stick chip, they will no longer work. Therefor, everyone will have to re-order new bands straight from Diester. A few club members brought that up to me and being the race sec for my club, this is my guess. So we opted not to do the update because we all know that some members can not afford to buy all new bands at this time, let alone the race fees as well.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
As I understand it. CBS sold bands that were compatible with Unicon systems but were not actually Unicon bands.

Then when and if your club downloads the new updated software from Unicon, the bands from CBS that previously worked, would no longer work with the updated system.

Many clubs are avoiding updating their software from Unicon because of this reason.

CBS has been refunding monies for newly purchased bands, as I understand it. Contact them for more info on that.

I would think that eventually all systems would have to be updated, and that would therefore necessitate replacing those old bands purchased from CBS, on some/all of your old birds.

CBS's web site (don't know about now, but in the past) seemed to indicate their bands were Unicon bands or exactly the same, and they were not. They were "after market" bands that were compatible at the time, but no longer. If your clubs software is updated.

I am not putting CBS down in any respect. These things happen, and I am sure it will all be taken care of as best as possible. However, if you have old birds with those bands previously purchased from CBS, AND your club updates their software, then you will have to replace those bands.

The original posters issue seems to most likely be a battery problem though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts