Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fancy pigeon chick that is about 3-4 months old, not really sore how old it is. But i brought the chick in yesterday as it didn't look well. It looks unwell, and one if keeps going closed for about 10-15 seconds then opens then a while later it closes again for about 10-15 seconds. The chick is lively but clumsy/ unsteady. Does anyone know if it could have a illness or disease? If so what could it be?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Have you looked way down its throat with a small flashlight? Could have canker, as that's pretty common. You need to watch him inside and see if he is eating or drinking. And is the drinking water a lot more? What do the droppings look like? How many birds do you have? How are the rest acting?
Where are they kept?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked down the throat it looks like there's some small spots on the back of the throat. I don't know if it knows how to eat as I brought it in yesterday as it had an empty smooch but it is drinking. The dropping are slightly runny. I have about 80 other pigeon in different sheds down my garden. This one was from one shed with 13 other pigeons (all adults). They look all well.
Do you think it is decently Canker

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
This bird is 3 to 4 months old, and you don't know if it knows how to eat? Do you mean 3 to 4 weeks old?
If the spots in throat look kind of cheesy then he probably has canker. I hope you are hand feeding him, as he will go down more if not getting enough. Also offer him water and see if he knows how to drink.
What do you have for canker meds?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.