Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heartbroken since May I've had this pigeon coming around with his mate so I named them Waldorf and Statler after the Muppets characters. My mom suggested I put food in a bird feeder I have so I did hoping to. See a cardinal or a bluejay.... Nope I got these two and I adore these two in particular and so Waldorf would coo at me in the mornings and swing by mid day to say hi etc their very smart. So up until August it was just these two and so others started coming around and I'd enjoy more time on the balcony watching them etc and I enjoy nature in general. And I'd clean up after them everyday and still do like any other animal. I even have a few boxes for them to go that they can sit it if they need. I last saw Waldorf either Nov 9th or 10th when I went out to put fresh water out for them. And we startled each other and I told him there's food go eat and fresh water. That was the last time I saw him I'm heartbroken. Cause I live a few blocks away from the Hamilton Sheradon Hotel and there on top of the Ledge is a Falcon nest. These birds eat pigeons. I hope to God he shows up I miss him terribly. The others are great to watch but he was special and I even had him eating out of my. Hand a few times. Because I leave for work before the sun I don't know if he's been around in the morning or not. A few weeks back he was chasing his mate for some loving around my balcony I laughed watching him try and try no luck in love lol. Maybe I care too much and have to big of a heart for nature and things like this? I love all animals can't help it I'm a softy like that the picture below is from October 25th, 2020

Attachments

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Hopefully Waldorf is incubating eggs somewhere. The males usually chase the females around before eggs get laid. He might show up with 2 babies one of these days. Let us know if he does.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully Waldorf is incubating eggs somewhere. The males usually chase the females around before eggs get laid. He might show up with 2 babies one of these days. Let us know if he does.
I didn't know they did that I hope so. He showed up with a baby in September lol well a baby was following him around

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: 2 birds came on my balcony and the dark dark one with purple looked like Statler and the other one could have been Waldorf but I never checked out the markings. They were looking right at me and I was trying to close my screen and turned to look at them and my mask scared them away ugh ill never know if it actually was them or not ugh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts