Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few pictures of my young pigeons

It is my oldest young bird, hatched in April but now its beginning to fly. I'm pretty sure its a young hen because it is kind of small.

Young white one, I'm thinking its a young cock, its father is black and mother is white.

Here is the white one's nest mate, im thinking its a she because the cock has bred me some hens with similar color, plus it's growing smaller than the white.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Mookie babies, I think the young cock is the one that got scalped. They are sure pretty:)

Young brown cock, I know from flecking and his size is huge! He is the biggest young bird I've ever had. His nest mate never hatched but his parents are on eggs again. His father is a silver, and his mother is a dark grizzle.

My awesome grizzle pairs young, not sure of the sex but it sure is a bright fella, it flys across the yard and traps really fast already. I'm just waiting untill its flights fully form to let it follow the flock. I am not sure why it is a dark check, mabey its from the mother's side, or she could have been mounted by another cock during her critical period.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Here is that dark check's nest mate, as you can see it looks a lot like its father. I am thinking that its a pretty young hen, and man is she a bright one also. This pair just creates smart babies. She is also trapping quickly.

Young birds sleeping, its sweet how they both posed for the picture:) They are both not real nest mates but they were hatched on the same day.

My all time favorite young bird this year. He was off of my favorite young 2010 cock bird and his mate that I posted up earlier. I am sure it is a he because it has a sister that is smaller, plus he is a lot more masculine looking and big. He is pure black and should be ready to tear up the skies soon. I really like this pair and hope to get a lot more young from them. He hatched the same day as those two first young ones I posted on the forum(the white splashed and the brown checkered) and they are half uncle and aunts to this young bird.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

This is the young black one above's nest mate, who I am thinking is a young hen. She is very feisty and seems quite hyper compared to her sibling.

Family photo of my favorite birds:) They posed nicely, My young 2010 cock is on the right top side with his son below, and his mate is on the left top corner with his daughter under his mate.

Here is the bird in the first picture's father on her two young siblings. He was kind of an odd looking extra bird but he is aggressive and a caring father. He killed some other birds young baby but he is so nice to his own, I just don't get how nature works some times. These two young are also related to the pair above this picture because my favorite 2010 young cock had a dun sister and she paired up with this cock on the babies.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Here is my huge powerbomb female. She is big, powerful, and super aggressive. (even more than her mate, ha ha.) Her real child is the young blue bar but she is also raising a young black grizzle. The young blue bar is going to be a big, lean, mean flying machine! The black grizzle is from an old pair. The cock is a pied black cock and he was mated to the blue tiger grizzle. The young one looks black but his grizzle white is slowly growing in. As I look hard at it I see white grizzle starting to grow, maybe it will grow whiter as it matures.

Here is mottle mama red, she must of thrown one of her babies out of the nest on accident as it was hatching, but anyways the young blackish one is an indian fantail young. It was abandoned but i put the egg under one pair and snuck the young under them to raise.

Here are baby yellows!!! The young cock is the one that looks very similar to his father, the hen is more of a yellow check, but they both are too pretty to fly, but I am going to anyways, haah.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice blacks!!
Thanks, I'm trying to develop a nice flying black strain, and I don't know much about eyes but you said that the hen has nice colored eyes. What color do you perfer your birds eyes to be? I thought the nice bright orange eyes were always really cool, but i also really like that dark bergendy redish eye color also.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Your birds love to pose for the camera! I love the (black) family pic and the 2 sleeping babies.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I had some of those yellows myself but the hawks always picked them first , it was so sad to lose them so hope you have better luck then me . Lovely birds by the way I breed for color too.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts