Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Mario looks like a real hand full. I had one as a rescue for a while and he was so needy and loud.
How many Pigeons did you bring inside? Did you put them in the garage?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mario looks like a real hand full. I had one as a rescue for a while and he was so needy and loud.
How many Pigeons did you bring inside? Did you put them in the garage?
All too are loud thats just there type, all parrots are the same way, some less. All big parrots are loud but like all animals there are some that do not fit there discription. Mario fits the toos discription 100% he dose not know how to stop yelling and kills anything thats around him if hes not with people. He also only like his one human my mom and if just a bit mad will attack us only one he will not bit is my mom. Sond like the rescue you had was 100% normal.
All big parrots and toos the most are NEEDY birds and most one human birds with that one being there "mate". Umbrella too being the top needy big parrot and are REALLY NEEDY.

We took the small loft in so thats 17 I think. No room in the garage and that would not help any. They need to come in the house or be fond homes the lady sayed. I an going to put my snakes cages in the loft and put some of the pigeons in my room were I had the snakes.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Won't that be too cold for the snakes?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Won't that be too cold for the snakes?
My loft stays 60-70 with one heat light even going up to 100 with both heat lights. So I think it would really be better then my room some times. And I was still have the heat lights one the snake cages so... I dont like my pigeons being cold :D:D

Also dont know if you really care (not saying you dont just you do not have one so...) but here is a link I fond on umbrella cockatoos just if you want to read some on why they yell so must and if you ever got one how to make the yelling less. :D http://www.cockatooanswers.com/articles/umbrella-cockatoo.html

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
My loft stays 60-70 with one heat light even going up to 100 with both heat lights. So I think it would really be better then my room some times. And I was still have the heat lights one the snake cages so... I dont like my pigeons being cold :D:D

Also dont know if you really care (not saying you dont just you do not have one so...) but here is a link I fond on umbrella cockatoos just if you want to read some on why they yell so must and if you ever got one how to make the yelling less. :D
The one I had, I purchased from street people. I suspected he had been stolen and I hoped to find his rightful owner. I noticed them because they were keeping him in a small cat kennel and he had nearly torn it apart. Of course I had to stop and inquire. His name was Oscar and he threw himself on me and screamed and screamed as if he had found his long lost companion.
At the time, I paid a lot for a rescue...$750. Oscar with with me for 4 months and I loved him dearly but I never felt I could give him enough. Having him here was not unlike having a jealous boyfriend.
I'll check the link out.:)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The one I had, I purchased from street people. I suspected he had been stolen and I hoped to find his rightful owner. I noticed them because they were keeping him in a small cat kennel and he had nearly torn it apart. Of course I had to stop and inquire. His name was Oscar and he threw himself on me and screamed and screamed as if he had found his long lost companion.
At the time, I paid a lot for a rescue...$750. Oscar with with me for 4 months and I loved him dearly but I never felt I could give him enough. Having him here was not unlike having a jealous boyfriend.
I'll check the link out.:)
Heres the link sorry I thought I put it in the last post I do not see it in the last post now sorry about that. Just look at the titale How To Make Sure Your Umbrella Cockatoo Doesn't Hold You Hostage And Take Over Your Home! lol it says it all. :D:D:D
http://www.cockatooanswers.com/articles/umbrella-cockatoo.html

and you can find a bit more here. I like reading about all types of birds and animals so I like reading stuff like this.
http://www.birdtricks.com/Cockatoos/umbrella-cockatoo.html

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Thanks, Michelle.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And here is the new poor little owl

Here I put my hand on it to show how bad he is.
And the old owner did not think any think was wrong with the bird :(. The guy just gave him up cuz his mate died. I feel really sorry for its make cuz I could only guess how bad she was. I hate people that to this to these guys. :mad: and there is no fat around the bone even tho in the picture there looks to be a little.

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/43400/2642363140100554747S600x600Q85.jpg

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Oh my God Michelle they are all so beautiful!!! I am so happy I gave Mr. G to you and Spirit, Baby and Baby girl. They all look so good. You have done such a great job. Baby looks just as beautiful as ever. She was my favorite and my first brown pigeon. Spirit looks awsome. Isn't she sweet!!!! I love baby Girl... I do miss them heaps but I am so happy they are with you. You are a Wonderful Mom to them!! Thank You again. I will e-mail later, I will reply to yours .

Thank You again

Cindy

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh my God Michelle they are all so beautiful!!! I am so happy I gave Mr. G to you and Spirit, Baby and Baby girl. They all look so good. You have done such a great job. Baby looks just as beautiful as ever. She was my favorite and my first brown pigeon. Spirit looks awsome. Isn't she sweet!!!! I love baby Girl... I do miss them heaps but I am so happy they are with you. You are a Wonderful Mom to them!! Thank You again. I will e-mail later, I will reply to yours .

Thank You again

Cindy
Yea Spirit LOVES sitting with me:D, Baby is also nice but a little more jumpy still sits with me but not for as long and Baby Girl is on eggs again so dose not really want to come out of the cage. I think you were the good mommy to them all the birds I see of your are just so nice and cute to. :D I have a few more picture that I'll send you later. Also I was thinking hows your other pigeon doing the one that can not see?

Also just to let you and anyone that knew about the wild dove I had that had head trauma and could not see. Sadly:( he/she passed away shes was fine and has been doing good and then she just passed away dont know why. She was eating and dranking so...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yah thats pretty skinny...S/he was neglected...tsk, tsk tsk good to know that bird is with you now...How's she doing now?
Its the male by what the guy sayed, the female was the one that passed away.

He's doing ok. He is up moving, looking around, eating and dranking. Not moving around as what he should be but he dose walk around and any time he hears me he looks up so... So far so good I would have to say. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.