Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We have 3 pigeons that will be caught and contained by LRubin in West L.A. I have just found out that there is a fairly urgent need to get the birds that Firstimer has to me and that this can't happen until Tuesday. We need to make all this happen faster .. if anyone is traveling down the 405 South from the L.A. area in the next day or two, please, please call me at 949-584-6696 and let's see if we can make all this happen.

I CANNOT go and fetch these birds from either Firstimer or LRubin. Long story, and I'm not going into it here, but I just CAN'T go get these from the distance I'm at. If you would care to rehab an ailing duck pickup truck or a pigeon van, let me know .. I'll tell you where to send the $$$ :rolleyes:
My vehicles simply won't make the trip ..

Terry

·
Registered
777 Posts
I got this message fairly late and cannot call you until mid-AM Thursday, but I will try to catch you then...I may be able to bring them to you Friday or Saturday....I would need to hook up with First-Timer in the Burbank area....we'll see if we can work it all out if no one else steps forward.

·
Registered
28 Posts
how many miles is the drive? Can any body help out with gas money? I have the next two days off and I have the time but my current money situation is not so hot... I am just barely scraping by. I am willing to do the drive but I don't think I can cover all the gas.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have e-mailed Rigby - 321 about getting the transport to Terry handled, one way or another, tomorrow or Friday. One of us will call Terry to make the arrangements. As it stands, the plan would be LRubin catching the 3 birds, then First-timer getting the birds from LRubin, then Rigby getting gas money from me, then Rigby getting the birds from Firstimer and driving them to Terry!!! If this all works, it will certainly be a team effort!!!

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Firstimer Is Out Of The Loop ..

Firstimer just dropped off her birds to me at my work in Garden Grove. She no longer needs to be in the loop regarding LRubin's birds.

It's too bad one trip couldn't have taken care of all the birds, but it was important that the birds that Firstimer had be gotten to me ASAP as one of them is having some health/behavior problems.

Thanks for updating us, Rigby.

Terry

·
Registered
28 Posts
LRubin's Birds are in Anaheim with me, they just need to get to Terry. I didn't get them here until about 9pm and I wasn't feeling up to much more driving. All Three are settled in a large dog crate with food, grit, and water and I have seen all three eat and drink (JD is a Messy eater!!!) so I imagine they're not to stressed.

I work from 4pm to 9pm tomorrow. Terry, give me a call and I can bring them to you :) They're fine here for now but I don't have any sort of long term housing.

I'll keep everyone posted

~Jen

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whoo Hoo! Good job, Jen! Thank you so very much! I'm ready for the birds whenever it works out for you! If you want to bring them before you go to work tomorrow, that will be fine or if it works better for you to bring them to me at my work in Garden Grove on Monday then that will be fine too.

Heck! I'll just call you in a minute! :)

Terry

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Firstimer's Birds ..

Are a cockatiel named Jack (as in One Eyed Jack .. blind in one eye). Jack or Jackie is a Lutino and quite beautiful but has been self mutilating one wing. When Firstimer called me about this the first time (no pun intended) I had her look really carefully, and she discovered a broken feather that was causing the problem and she got it pulled out. All was well for a couple of weeks and then Jack started biting the wing again and was bleeding profusely from the self mutilation. Firstimer got the bleeding stopped again but was really at the end of her wits/resources, and we agreed that I would adopt Jack and the 5 Parakeets that she has been fostering for many, many months .. read that as she got stuck with these birds by another Pigeon-Talk member who dropped off the face of the earth. The parakeets were diagnosed as having Polyoma so they are a bit of a problem in that regard as to keeping them isolated from any others. They are all gorgeous and appear healthy and have all (Jack included) received wonderful care by Firstimer. Jack is now settled in here as are the 'keets .. will try to get pics over the weekend.

All's well that ends well .. or so they say! :)

Terry

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You all really have no idea how much help it was for Jen to go and get these birds and bring them to me. I have serious bird/animal transport woes right now, and I know neither the duck truck nor pigeon van would have survived a trip to West L.A.

I didn't realize that all three of the birds were solid white .. they are .. and are gorgeous. As I posted in the other thread, I won't be releasing these pijjies at the park or anywhere else. They will either stay with me or will find a wonderful forever home.

Thanks again, Jen!

Terry

1 - 20 of 25 Posts