Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
IMO, keeping them together and using fake eggs keeps them from stressing about not seeing their mate... but race folks seperate all the time... so there may be a reason for that other than hatch control, not sure.. or perhaps that is just the way tradition tells them to do it.. I do not have solid walls in my loft and my pairs would beable to see each other.. I have seen how they act when they mistakenly get seperated.. they are not happy campers.. so I leave mine together, seems natural..and use fake eggs for your hatch control and to give the pair a rest from raising babies... If you have a very demanding bully type cock bird and a hen that sees no peace..then I would remove the hen for a time to let her rest, in that type of situation... seems you are doing this breeding opposite of what the racing members do.. they are in full force breeding right now.. do you not race YB's?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.