Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is little thin bugs in my pigeon loft. How can i prevent this? Can i able to use mosquito sprays for the bugs... Or Plz mention the sprays name...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Let the pigeons out, spray inside nicely with insecticide, let it stay for 15 minutes and wash everything with water and bleach.
You need to treat birds too (I use Ivermectin - one drop on the back of the pigeon)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
They use it as de-wormer in animal and poultry farms different concentration for pigeons is 10% solution. You can add water if is too strong.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Ivermectin is also used to treat rodents...and is highly caution on the treatment. I know weight with dosing is a HUGE concern on the rodents.

Is it on the birds??

Becareful with sprays, because pigeons have senstive respiratories. Mosquito netting and vacs is good prevention.

-Hilly

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
The mosquito spray that you mentioned probably won't kill the bugs in the loft. They are made to REPELL mosquitoes, not kill them. And the smell could be too much for the birds. They have very delicate respiratory systems. Can you get a bird spray, for caged birds? You could spray the loft and the birds with it. Or Garden dust with permethrin in it? You could put it around the loft, leave it for a bit, then clean it out before returning the birds. It can also be put on the birds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts