Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My birds are supposed to be shipped next tuesday(yee haw). Does the postal service deliver overnite shipments first thing in the morning, before they go on their regular route? Or do you pick them up at the PO, or do they ride with the mailman until he gets to your house at his regular time? Thanks, Don.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
My birds are supposed to be shipped next tuesday(yee haw). Does the postal service deliver overnite shipments first thing in the morning, before they go on their regular route? Or do you pick them up at the PO, or do they ride with the mailman until he gets to your house at his regular time? Thanks, Don.
Why don't you call your local post office and ask them,things could be different at other post offices[/ ;) GEORGE;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I just shipped two on Monday and when I did they told me when they would deliver the Birds, (before three today). At the other end Aaron called his post office and they told him when they got there.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Why don't you call your local post office and ask them,things could be different at other post offices[/ ;) GEORGE;)

Your post office should get them early in the morning. If you talk to them and let them know they are coming, make sure your phone # is on the shipping box and ask them to call you as soon as they come in and you will be there to pick them up. They should do that for you!

It will depend on were they are coming from if it will be 1, 2 or 3 days to deliver. The shipper can find that out for you and should give you a tracking # as well.

Ace

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for the input. I will go down to the PO on monday and check with them. I took next week off on vacation to be here, and to familiarize the birds with me. Man, this is going to be fun. My birds will be a group of spoiled youngsters, but what the heck. I've been 25 years without birds, and they are going to get the royal treatment.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Thank you very much for the input. I will go down to the PO on monday and check with them. I took next week off on vacation to be here, and to familiarize the birds with me. Man, this is going to be fun. My birds will be a group of spoiled youngsters, but what the heck. I've been 25 years without birds, and they are going to get the royal treatment.
:)

Nothing like opening that box for the first time and seeing what you have !! I can still remember the day I got back into pigeons, and getting boxes of pigeons from Mike Ganus !! It was better then most any Christmas I could remember !!!

ENJOY !!!

:p

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I will definitely post pics of them the day they arrive!!!
I'm very happy to hear that your birds are coming soon! They will definitely feel like royalty in that loft of yours. I can tell by your excitement that they'll have the best of everything. We will definitely be waiting to see some pictures when you get them in! :D

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
yes it is best to request to be called as soon as they get there, no matter what time it is....my post calls me a 6am and Im more than happy to go get them from there so they don't have to ride with the carrier on her route....good luck and congrats...:)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I just received my first pigeons last week, and my post office actually called me at 5:30 in the morning and I went down there, so they wouldn't have to be with the mail carrier. My shipment took 2 days from Miami, FL to Salem, NJ. I was just as excited as you. Couldn't sleep the 2 days they were being shipped though. mindy

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to control some of my enthusiasm around my wife. If I didn't, she would want to know why I am not that excited about being around her anymore!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Warren. Opening that box will be like opening the grand Christmas present of all time!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have to control some of my enthusiasm around my wife. If I didn't, she would want to know why I am not that excited about being around her anymore!
Tell her to shake her tail feathers, I bet you will get excited then. I'm also willing to bet she can still make you fly. (I know my wife can for me.)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
A little over a year ago I got my first birds, I am very happy for you. With my birds I find peace and this carries over into the rest of my life, I wish the same for you.

God Bless,
Tony

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you very much Tony. Having anxiety since I was a yound adult, having the birds around were one of the few things in my life that really relaxed me. I used to stay around the loft and just watch them for long periods of time. They are like a natural tranquilizer, Don.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts