Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
How do I know when to give yearly boosters to birds I have gotten as breeders when I do not know what time of year they were originally vaccinated?
My small group of young birds came with their first shot and then I gave them the booster 8 weeks later, around mid/end Sept.
Since then I have aquired breeders who I do know have had their PMV (required to fly in local club) but they are of varying ages from different lofts and I was not told exactly when they had their vaccinations. Someone told me to do them again now so they have vaccine in them before breeding and some of the vaccine will transfer to the babies.
Melissa

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Hello All,
How do I know when to give yearly boosters to birds I have gotten as breeders when I do not know what time of year they were originally vaccinated?
My small group of young birds came with their first shot and then I gave them the booster 8 weeks later, around mid/end Sept.
Since then I have aquired breeders who I do know have had their PMV (required to fly in local club) but they are of varying ages from different lofts and I was not told exactly when they had their vaccinations. Someone told me to do them again now so they have vaccine in them before breeding and some of the vaccine will transfer to the babies.
Melissa
I would do them all now. If these breeders were vaccinated before flying, it had to have been at least back in July or August maybe, if not earlier.......won't hurt anything to vaccinate.....get them on YOUR schedule....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts